Post by bobb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Yes I searched but didn't find anything.

I am new to OC (2-3 months) but have already run into several conflicts between various extensions. Is there a place where known conflicts are listed? If not, shouldn't there be one?

I'll start:

"One Page SuperCheckout v2.1" prevents "Professional HTML Email Template" from inserting the cart weight into the database, and therefore the cart weight is not in the customized admin email (which is why I bought "Professional HTML Email Template"). SuperCheckout also prevents "Professional HTML Email Template" from putting the Customer Group in the admin email, though for me I don't care about that.

"admin-enhancements-free-156-v1.8" does not play well with "CustomProductTab_v1.2.2". When CustomProductTab is active the "enhanced" admin product page generates errors and will not display.

"admin-enhancements-free-156-v1.8" also does not like "relatedproductswithsortfor1551551-1561561" - when both are used you can't see the admin product page.

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 pm

There are so many extensions out there, each with changing code as they are updated, that a list for extension conflicts is likely to be outdated within a few months. That being said, it certainly doesn't hurt to list them all here, so everyone should feel free to add them if they find any.

I will say that my extensions occasionally conflict with other extensions, but I am almost always able to resolve the conflict for the person. I can never guarantee it, but I always give it a try as part of the extension support. So if you're experiencing an issue with one of mine, please contact me first before posting here.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by GoldenTongs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:22 pm

that would be a great idea, even if list does get outdated,
on flipside,
how about a list of guaranteed compatibility too
it would also give devs a chance to ensure compatibily, and maybe even let devs work together.
it would help a lot for customers choosing mods when similar mods are available from different devs.
it would also help quality devs band together if they shared certain info to provide compatibility.

http://Lilphones.com

Post by GoldenTongs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:25 pm

also to report a couple free mods that had conflict

EU cookie safe ocmod conflicted with back to top ocmod

i had to unistall the back to top ocmod,
change the add tag to add before </footer> instead of add after the code that was there (line above footer)
and upload it as vqmod instead of ocmod

http://Lilphones.com