Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 pm

JedAronson wrote: edit: OK, it was a pretty easy workaround, actually. I just changed the call to Factory::newTemplate() back to the normal (non-Factory) constructor. I also had to do the same thing for Factory::newMail(). But I still don't know why the download didn't have those functions- since no one else seems to have mentioned it, I'm worried I did something stupid.
Thank you for pointing this out. The newTemplate and newMail methods should be indeed in the Factory class. I'll fix this and upload it as a new release soon.

Update: OK, now fixed, please download and re-install.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by JedAronson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thank you for pointing this out. The newTemplate and newMail methods should be indeed in the Factory class. I'll fix this and upload it as a new release soon.

Update: OK, now fixed, please download and re-install.
Great, thanks for the swift response. The O.E. is fantastic, I wish it was built into OC

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 am

Qphoria wrote:I really didn't follow much of that either straightlight.

It sounds like you are slamming vQmod.. but want this to be more like vQmod or for vQmod to start some new trend where multiple copies of the vqcache files are saved, one per author?

So if I understand you want this:

if 2 people have a mod that alters the header.php
then we should have 3 total files
vq2-final-catalog_controller_common_header.php
vq2-author1-catalog_controller_common_header.php
vq2-author2-catalog_controller_common_header.php

where the "final" is the merging of all author subfiles, but the subfiles are separated for easier tracking of problems to see how each individual one makes changes? Is that what you are saying?

Keep in mind I do not want to hijack JN's thread here so if this turns into vQmod suggestions I will move it to its own vqmod discussion area, but maybe if explained in terms of vQmod it will make more sense since most of what you are comparing this engine to is vQmod.
Correct. Although, the filenames could rather be:
vq2-final-catalog_controller_common_header.php
vq2-author1-catalog_controller_common_header.php
vq2-author2-catalog_controller_common_header.php
to read:
vq2-catalog_controller_common_header-final.php
vq2-catalog_controller_common_header-author1.php
vq2-catalog_controller_common_header-author2.php
to maintain the file names identify for simple ease of tracking when looking for a particular file from x author. However, final with header file doesn't have to be named final but also rather be named with the associated author name.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by peteb6 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 pm

new to OC, looking for something to transition from osCommerce, liked what I saw in OC, but after discovering there was no way to override the core without direct modification I was ready to throw it on the heap until I discovered your extension. Thank you for your work on this. Looking forward to trying this out, looks like it does what I want to do.

One question, does the ability to override extend to the admin area as well? I'm guessing it does, just not clear to me (and my limited understanding of OOP).

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 am

peteb6 wrote: One question, does the ability to override extend to the admin area as well? I'm guessing it does, just not clear to me (and my limited understanding of OOP).
Yes, you can extend admin classes, too.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:36 am

It just occurred to me that except for the index.php file, you could use probably use vQmod to make the changes to the engine files.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Qphoria wrote:It just occurred to me that except for the index.php file, you could use probably use vQmod to make the changes to the engine files.
You are right, it should be possible to do that, though I never tried it.
There are also some new system classes, such as the system/engine/factory.php or the system/library/variable_stream.php, in addition to the changes of some existing engine classes.

On most of my new OpenCart 1.5.5.x sites, I don't use VQmod anymore, because there was no need for it. However, I'll continue support for VQmod in the Override Engine.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by parkookk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:32 am

Hi,
Thank you for your hard work and lovely engine.

I have installed your Override engine 5.2 for OC1.5.4.1 TWO MONTHS AGO on three of my domains and they were working absolutely fine. I haven't done any update/edit etc. on these websites whatsoever, however three days ago all these websites turned into a complete blank page in front/admin page with no error to find out what is going on.

I tried to login to my hosting control panel from (HostPapa company) and it was keep rejecting my username and password as invalid. So when I got in touch with HostPapa, they set my login details back to default as they say and said that it was override problem!!! As it changed the index.php and admin/index.php!!! Also weirdly one of my website's database was back to the original opencart database!!! ???

So after copying the OC's original index.php files over the affected websites all websites worked fine without override/vqmod features which I have to install them again as they say.

So my question is that is it possible that override work for two months with no problem and then suddenly automatically create such a problem?
What do you think was the problem?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by parkookk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 am

Hi,
I wondered how to test override engine to see if its working?
The reason I am asking is that I have installed override engine two months ago and it was all working but now I got into this blank page as explained earlier and told by my hosting company to install override engine again.

So if I copy the content of override 5.3 upload folder in the root how can I check to see its working fine with no errors?
Many Thanks
Morty

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by parkookk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 am

Hi, very strange! I have renamed vqmod folder and copied all override files over and gave 777 permission to all file you have mentioned and the page is not working at all now!!
mediaSOS.co.uk
Can you explain what am I doing wrong?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 am

parkookk wrote:Hi, very strange! I have renamed vqmod folder and copied all override files over and gave 777 permission to all file you have mentioned and the page is not working at all now!!
mediaSOS.co.uk
Can you explain what am I doing wrong?
erm? Why would you rename the vQmod folder and copy files over?
vQmod is not the same thing as the Override Engine... Right from the start.. renaming vQmod folder will break the index.php page looking for the vqmod class.

If you want to install the override engine and already have vQmod installed, simply install the override engine files using the install steps and then when you are all done, run the vQmod installer again to update the new index files. Then you'll have them both.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by parkookk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:15 am

I have tried exactly as instructed and got blank page, then maybe its the vqmod so I renamed it and still get blank page.
I made a sub-domain and installed OC 1.5.4.1 (I need to keep my old extensions running fine) and all was fine then tried installing override engine 5.3 and got the same blank page. then restored everything back to normal and installed override engine 5.2 and got the blank page!!!!!!!!

Every thing was working fine till Sunday and I think its my host provider!! What do you think?

I Goggled and nothing!
I am really puzzled please helppppppppp! ???
Last edited by parkookk on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm

parkookk wrote:I have tried exactly as instructed and got blank page, then maybe its the vqmod so I renamed it and still get blank page.
I made a sub-domain and installed OC 1.5.4.1 (I need to keep my old extensions running fine) and all was fine then tried installing override engine 5.3 and got the same blank page. then restored everything back to normal and installed override engine 5.2 and got the blank page!!!!!!!!

Every thing was working fine till Sunday and I think its my host provider!! What do you think?

I Goggled and nothing!
I am really puzzled please helppppppppp! ???
You should have some error messages somewhere. Check your system/logs/error.txt, and the server's general error_log (ask your web host to give the latter to you for the respective time period).

User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by abuttino » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 am

I installed this on my opencart system with IIS and it just gave me a blank site.. Where should I be looking first?

There is no error log for some reason.

Yes, I am kinda new to this.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 am

Post by parkookk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:43 pm

The last error on the system/logs/error.txt file that you mentioned is :

2013-04-20 19:03:00 - PHP Warning: unlink(/home/host/public_html/website/system/cache/cache.product.total.1.0.1.67a0357add9daffdf1b8e45f33f4003f.1366484205) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/host/public_html/website/system/library/cache.php on line 18

JNeuhoff wrote:
parkookk wrote:I have tried exactly as instructed and got blank page, then maybe its the vqmod so I renamed it and still get blank page.
I made a sub-domain and installed OC 1.5.4.1 (I need to keep my old extensions running fine) and all was fine then tried installing override engine 5.3 and got the same blank page. then restored everything back to normal and installed override engine 5.2 and got the blank page!!!!!!!!

Every thing was working fine till Sunday and I think its my host provider!! What do you think?

I googled and nothing!
I am really puzzled please helppppppppp! ???
You should have some error messages somewhere. Check your system/logs/error.txt, and the server's general error_log (ask your web host to give the latter to you for the respective time period).
Last edited by parkookk on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:08 pm

parkookk wrote:The last error on the system/logs/error.txt file that you mentioned is :

2013-04-20 19:03:00 - PHP Warning: unlink(....): No such file or directory in /.../system/library/cache.php on line 18
This error message is not related to the Override Engine, it is more about missing write access issues for your system/cache. You really should check the server's error_log. Possibly available from the cPanel.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by parkookk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 am

Hi, I have installed this extension and it gave me blank screen and I searched days to fix it but no lock.
At this stage the only think I would to know is that could you please help me on how to completely remove override?
Thanks

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 pm
Location - london

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 am

parkookk wrote:Hi, I have installed this extension and it gave me blank screen and I searched days to fix it but no lock.
At this stage the only think I would to know is that could you please help me on how to completely remove override?
Thanks
To uninstall, just remove all the installed files, and rename all *.php.original back to *.php.

Having said that, your posting here does not give any further details. The least you should do is to look up your server's error_log.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:22 am

abuttino wrote:I installed this on my opencart system with IIS and it just gave me a blank site.. Where should I be looking first?

There is no error log for some reason.

Yes, I am kinda new to this.
Simple, use an Apache server.

We never tested the OE with IIS, and I would never recommend IIS for OpenCart in the first place. Even on Windows, if you don't want to use Linux, you can install a proper bundle of Apache/MySQL/PHP.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by boon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:42 pm

After ovverride installation . My front page got blank, Admin Page was working fine.

WHAT I DID :

I replaced front page index.php with old one. only this change.

Its working fine now.. I can see my website .

MY QUESTION:

I DID correct thing?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:55 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests