Post by mWall » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 pm

The main focus of this feature, at least for us, is not still having customers paying up-front with their Credit Cards or whatever. If that's what they want to do, why don't they do it themselves? (Okay, I know there may be some exceptions to this rule, but I'm speaking in general terms...)

No, this is for all those (oftentimes recurring) customers who would rather speak to a human person to take their order (not seldom retailers, if you're a distributor yourself) and then have an invoice sent with the order.

// mWall

Location - Stockholm, Sweden

Post by dannowatts » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:59 pm

any progress on this? donations have been made just thought i'd prod ya a little ;)

rocksteady,
danno~

Post by i2Paq » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:27 pm

dannowatts wrote:any progress on this? donations have been made just thought i'd prod ya a little ;)
rocksteady,
danno~
Did you maken any?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mWall » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Any news on this topic?

Cheers,

// mWall

Location - Stockholm, Sweden

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 am

mWall wrote:Any news on this topic?

Cheers,

// mWall
yes, Daniel is working hard on OC 1.4.1, for what I know this will be most bug-fixes, some small changes/features as well.

When OC 1.4.1 proofs to be stable he will start with implementing new features like the one mentioned in this topic.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by payflow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 am

This feature would be great! However, I don't know if it is super-necessary. It might be simple to implement an iframe-based solution. Hacky, but it would work pretty well. The only thing I request be added to this feature is an "affiliate ID" field. Then, internal sales associates could fill out orders and then put their unique ID on the order placed as a guest. Then sales order taken by rep. could be easily determined by searching for all orders with their affiliate ID. This would allow for an iframe hack + affiliate ID solution. Of course, if you want to go the full-blown route of in-store credit card processing, that's fine by me as well. I was just offering an alternative that our own sales team would find acceptable that would be very little work on the developer end of things.

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 am

payflow wrote:This feature would be great! However, I don't know if it is super-necessary. It might be simple to implement an iframe-based solution. Hacky, but it would work pretty well. The only thing I request be added to this feature is an "affiliate ID" field. Then, internal sales associates could fill out orders and then put their unique ID on the order placed as a guest. Then sales order taken by rep. could be easily determined by searching for all orders with their affiliate ID. This would allow for an iframe hack + affiliate ID solution. Of course, if you want to go the full-blown route of in-store credit card processing, that's fine by me as well. I was just offering an alternative that our own sales team would find acceptable that would be very little work on the developer end of things.
I doubt that you'll find any developer on this forum that would in good conscience do anything with iframe.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by dannowatts » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 am

Xsecrets wrote:
payflow wrote:This feature would be great! However, I don't know if it is super-necessary. It might be simple to implement an iframe-based solution. Hacky, but it would work pretty well. The only thing I request be added to this feature is an "affiliate ID" field. Then, internal sales associates could fill out orders and then put their unique ID on the order placed as a guest. Then sales order taken by rep. could be easily determined by searching for all orders with their affiliate ID. This would allow for an iframe hack + affiliate ID solution. Of course, if you want to go the full-blown route of in-store credit card processing, that's fine by me as well. I was just offering an alternative that our own sales team would find acceptable that would be very little work on the developer end of things.
I doubt that you'll find any developer on this forum that would in good conscience do anything with iframe.
+1

rocksteady,
danno~

Post by payflow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 am

dannowatts wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:I doubt that you'll find any developer on this forum that would in good conscience do anything with iframe.
+1

rocksteady,
danno~
CSRF/XSRF or just the fact it is an iframe?

Post by indre1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Any guesses when this might be actually implemented? Couple of months, a year?

Our company has been running osCommerce for a few years, but we are now looking towards OpenCart, as osCommerce is no longer updated and the code is just... awful. It is a daily routine for us that customers ask us to create new orders or edit their existing orders if something has run out of stock etc. The payment part is probably not an issue for most, as you can ask your customer to make the bank wire/PayPal transfer manually - you aren't likely to lose a customer if he is already interested enough to call or e-mail and ask for the order to be created/updated manually. So the estimate on when it might be released would simply help us plan the process of moving from one platform to another.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:23 am

Xsecrets wrote: I doubt that you'll find any developer on this forum that would in good conscience do anything with iframe.
AMEN TO THAT SISTER! :D
I saw iframe and cringed

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 am

indre1 wrote:Any guesses when this might be actually implemented? Couple of months, a year?
It will be more then a couple of weeks I hope, but don't hold your breath ;)

When this is implemented OpenCart will have so much more then other carts.
I cannot understand why so many carts have no Manual Order Entry/Order Edit by default.....

My own shop runs osCommerce with the Order Edit as one of many added contributions.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by niuserre » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm

I'd also really like this functionality. We'd like to be able to run everything through the website so if a customer comes into the shop and buys stuff, we'd add the order in but use the shop till/card machine to take payment.

Happy to donate on release :D

Post by indre1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:48 am

Any information from developers would be helpful:
* Are you planning to implement this feature (couldn't find it in the roadmap thread)
* Time estimate - weeks/months/years would be very good

Thanks!

I'll give a hint on how it works in osCommerce (with some addon):
Admin -> Create order -> Choose the name of customer and currency for order (preferrable would be in OpenCart: Sales->Customers->Create order for the specific customer)
Then you get a screen where you can edit the whole order - shipping address, phone, shipping method, add products, change products price etc. Also you'd get this screen when you want to edit an order.

P.S. I love OpenCart and would like to move a shop to it ASAP, but this isn't a small feature that I could fix quickly myself.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:01 am

Well, we have no clue on when this will be possible.

I'm to waiting for this before I can move shops, but it is not up te me.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Something I'm looking into but its not easy. I have already tried this and came to the conclusion you need to be able to send some sort of soap request to the front end to build the order up.

There is also a problem if you edit an order you already have.

If you edit the order should the order totals change?

Q. What happens if you edit an old order where the product price has been lowed and you press the caculate button.

Q. Should I make the order totals editable so you can manually calculate the the order totals?

Q. If you add a new product to an order how to calculate which tax rates should be used?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 pm

If you want I can setup an copy of my osCommerce shop so you can have a look in the BO?

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 pm

I ran into the same questions when I was thinking about this too. I guess it's a complete separation of cart and money at this point. If customer checks out and pays $50 for 5 items ($10 each). Then calls you and says please change it to 4. You can goto paypal and refund $10. Then goto the admin area and change the count from 5 to 4 which would change the price to $40

Same thing if the customer called and asked to add 1 more and they sent an offsite payment of $10. You'd then update the order.

These of course would be completely asynchronous steps, but would at least correspond to eachother.

For tax, I guess you may need to add a pseudo tax order total. The tax library should be available from admin but obviously not the library/system/cart.php where the getTaxes function is. So perhaps the order page itself will need similar functions

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Qphoria wrote:I ran into the same questions when I was thinking about this too. I guess it's a complete separation of cart and money at this point. If customer checks out and pays $50 for 5 items ($10 each). Then calls you and says please change it to 4. You can goto paypal and refund $10. Then goto the admin area and change the count from 5 to 4 which would change the price to $40

Same thing if the customer called and asked to add 1 more and they sent an offsite payment of $10. You'd then update the order.

These of course would be completely asynchronous steps, but would at least correspond to eachother.
Q, this is the way the Order Edit in osCommerce works.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:54 pm

This is how zencart has it. They allow you to enter a manual value for tax % for each product. That is then multiplied by the price and then recalculated with the shipping and the total is updated when save is clicked

Administrator