Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I noticed an odd issue, which is not necessarily a bug, but simply the wrong concept regarding the output of the date start and date end. If we go to the admin - > Catalog - > Products - > Specials tab, the default date for either the begin date or end date, it should output an empty text box. Although, it outputs: 0000-00-00 for both entries. I have noticed this behavior with v1.5.2.1 and v1.5.3.1 which means this event could of had even been produced since even before those releases.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:27 am

That's the default value the database sets if date_start or date_end isn't entered. It's used so the special starts immediately and runs indefinitely.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:35 am

The first post is to address that when clicking on another tab than the specials in the admin products and when clicking back on the specials - when we compare - it is noticeable that specials contains the default value of 0000-00-00 and other tabs using the calendar doesn't show those 0000-00-00 as the default value.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rph » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:46 am

Discount does. Date available doesn't because there's no default value in the DB.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 am

Exactly my point from my first post, technically; a bit confusing simply when you look at it from the form.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON