Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Request 1:
The admin/model/report/report.php
would be best separated to keep each report modular instead of lumping them all into report.php. This would allow support for user contribbed reports

Request 2:
Please bring back "modules" for controlling sideboxes, language box, etc. Unless there is a better way now?

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

I can do this. but i thought it might be better to leave it to the template designer to decide what is loaded.

I would need to load the modules in the layout class.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Well I might just be used to how 0.x worked. Perhaps you think its better to leave it at the tpl level. Perhaps others agree.

Also, thinking about reports, I suppose its ok to have the 3 core reports in the same file. I can just create a new file for handling a new report for my contrib

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm

I stuck the reports int he same model, because i once worked for a company who had 1000's of reports and it was better to group the reports in there own folder rather than have large product model or other type of model.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 pm

The initial concern was that adding new reports would mean I would have to edit that file to add a function for the new report. But I can certainly just make a new model file for the new report, separate from the core model file to keep it completely self-contained.

I like all contribs to be self-contained

Administrator