Post by aboel3zz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Hello All,

I decide to use beta version for life site, but i feeling bad after reading some issues related to it, so can i use it as life version or not.

What is the major bug, any one can helping me to complete checkout process.

what is still needed to complete beta version to be life, i can compete all issues but at least i need to know all major issues that are not compete yet.

Regards

My Email is : aboel3zz@maktoob.com

Post by hm2k » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:46 pm

My advice would be to use the 0.x branch for now.

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 pm

aboel3zz wrote: What is the major bug, any one can helping me to complete checkout process.

what is still needed to complete beta version to be life, i can compete all issues but at least i need to know all major issues that are not compete yet.
I know that it is human nature to always want to be at the latest and greatest based on the number we see, but it is important to understand that 1.x is really a completely different product than 0.x
Some of use compare it as XP vs Vista
But its almost more like XP vs Linux. It's a completely different framework, with only Daniel working on it, and its only been around a short time. He can only do so much in so little time.

Whereas 0.x has been around for 3 years, and in the past year hm2k, myself, and a chunk of the opencart community have been using and testing out the 0.7.x branch with the goal of making it stable and efficient. This would then be the base of the next 0.8 version, which will focus on adding a ton of new features to really put opencart on the map. But first we want to get rid of all the bugs. 1.x has not gone through this rigorous exercise, it first needs to be done developmentally, then a huge bug fixing tour has to be begin. THEN it might be ready for a live shop.

But really there are a lot of features that 0.x has that 1.x does not yet have. So you are better off going with the most stable, feature packed version for a live site.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by aboel3zz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Checkout, shipping and payment areas it is very important to me, so what is the status of these areas on beta 1.x version ??

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 pm

ALL areas are important to you. No point in having a good checkout area if the customer can't even add a product to his cart yet. 1.x is not ready for live use, plain and simple, especially not the checkout stuff.
Use 0.7.9: http://code.google.com/p/open-cart/downloads/list

Administrator

Post by aboel3zz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:29 pm

All areas worked fine for me, without bug I fixed all issues related to category, product and cart but (Checkout, shipping and payment) very critical .

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 pm

well unless you are really adamant on fixing checkout yourself. It's just not worth it. What does 1.0 have that 0.7.9 doesnt? aside from a new admin (which i personally find very inefficient to use). 0.7.9 has the support of the community of helpers and coders. Would be better to devote your time to improve the 0.x branch than to work on a branch whose framework hasn't fully finalized. All your work could be wasted if another structure change is made to the branch.

Administrator