When do you expect to have a beta ready for testing? Count me in for beta testing when you're ready
1. If ticket is related to order, then the ticket should automatically tie to the order history. In other words, the order history become the ticket history as well. This way, there is only one stream of content related to a particular order.
2. If a ticket is related to an order but has not yet been linked to that order, then there should be a way to enter the order number and then have that ticket (and any further emails related to that ticket) now part of the order history of that particular order. In other words, a ticket that is randomly sent in by a customer can be manually tied to a particular order history if needed.
3. Should support attachments but also limit the types of attachments and size
4. Should have email piping ability so that the ticket system becomes the primary contact system with customers. This is critical for the most efficient flow of communications
5. Email should be logged/stored as tickets are created. This way, if a ticket is somehow messed up, you can look into the raw email log and find the emails and at least staff can see what the customer sent even if the ticket is messed up.
6. The new entries in the ticket history should display only the new reply content from the customer. In other words, often in many emails, you will see the customer's new comments, but you will also see the old back-and-forth content of the email like this:
##### begin demo email content #####
I'd like to buy everything that you have. Can you help me?
>>> We sell everything
>>> you need
>>> let us help you
##### end demo email content #####
The ticket-update in the ticket history should display only the "I'd like to buy everything that you have. Can you help me?"
The ticket-update should not contain the >>> stuff
Many there could be a special line below which all things are stripped, like this:
########### DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE ###############
7. Staff should be able to create ticket and send out ticket to new user, not just to existing users. The idea is to have the ticket system be the primary contact system, like an email system, but all communications are trackable.
9. User/Staff/Admin permissions
10. Ticket Status: "Awaiting Staff Reply" - among the usual ticket statuses, there should be a way for staff to quickly find the tickets that are waiting for a reply.
11. Follow Up checkbox: a checkbox to indicate whether a ticket needs a followup. Meaning, (1) customer sends in email asking for a quote on some items, system creates ticket, (2) staff sends out note saying that staff will research the quote and get back to the customer (thus, this is a staff reply), (3) however, staff still needs to reply again to send the customer the quote. Thus, it would be great to have a checkbox "Follow Up" so that a ticket could be marked as needing a follow up. Tickets could be sorted on this Follow Up field as well. Staff could even display only all Follow Up tickets (within a certain time frame or other factors).
12. Users do not need to be logged in to create a ticket
13. For staff reply, the fewer clicks the better. Have ticket and reply box on same page, not different pages.
14. Users can create ticket through (1) web form and through (2) direct email (firstname.lastname@example.org
15. LIVE HELP - would be cool to have a live help component, too - maybe even "push" a product URL to the customer, nice
16. LIVE SEARCH - instant response KB/FAQ - (1) when customer is typing their ticket, the help system actively searches the database for answers and displays the FAQ items that are closest matches as the user is typing in their search terms, and (2) if customer sends in email, then the content of the email is searched and an autoreply is sent out that contains any relevant KB articles.
17. I'll come up with more, this would be a very welcome system for sure