Post by rph » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:15 am

It looks like Daniel's has some database modification and vqmod (maybe?) sections of it yet to be written. Should be cool to see where everyone's going. A formal all-in-one modding system (databse, file additions, core file changes, etc.) would be a major selling point for OpenCart.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:15 am

rph wrote:Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it.

Daniel seems to be working on something too:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... anager.php
I might be able to make use of Daniels manager for the uploading of my addons (incl. the new override feature) to the Opencart server, have to test it. I am not quite sure why he uses FTP for the final step of getting the unzipped files to the Opencart root directory, instead of placing them directly there. For a certainty some more validation of the uploaded zipped files is needed, e.g. to prevent clashes of different extensions from different providers to upload a file with the same name.

Update: Just tested Daniel's extension/manager, it does indeed upload a ZIP file just fine, then unzips it all to the server's /tmp, and from there it uses FTP (which is pre-configured to point to any OpenCart server!) to transfer the files to the final target. I still think it would be easier to skip the FTP step, or only use FTP when it is enabled in the system/settings.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 am

JAY6390 wrote:Excellent, I look forward to seeing the result :)
I have now released a new Override Engine for OpenCart.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member