Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:33 am

I'm sorry ... this forum is becoming full commercial and open source is only the core OpenCart .. goes round and round ... more money in the middle of the world ... When I joined this forum like a family ... now I only see prices and commercial titles. I do not have with you ... concerns a bit 'all. everyone wants to make sense (money) in his time.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by fido-x » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:07 am

myopen wrote:I'm sorry ... this forum is becoming full commercial and open source is only the core OpenCart .. goes round and round ... more money in the middle of the world ... When I joined this forum like a family ... now I only see prices and commercial titles. I do not have with you ... concerns a bit 'all. everyone wants to make sense (money) in his time.
You don't get it, do you? Us developers put a lot of time and effort into creating our modules and keeping them up to date, is it unreasonable to expect some form of recompense for our efforts? You're using our mods on your site(s) to sell product and make money, why should us developers have to give everything away for free? If you had any decency, you would donate some of your profits to the developers whose modules you are using, but you don't, so you leave us no choice!

I got involved in this project almost a year and half ago, started creating a few mods and making them available for free and keeping them up to date through the version changes. It took over a year before anyone made a donation for my efforts ($1).

Speaking for myself, I would like to keep my mods free, but I've got to eat! As I've said elsewhere on this forum, if half the people who visited my site made a $1 donation while they were there (just one lousy dollar!), then I could keep them free.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by digitalchaos » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Come on people i have been out of work for a year and living off my savings and i just donated $10.00 look at it as a couple cups of coffee ;D

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Ronald Reagan

Digital Chaos | Graphic Design Studio http://www.digitalchaos.biz
Digital Chaos Prints | Custom Art Prints http://www.digitalchaosprints.biz


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm
Location - Paterson NJ

Post by nicudica » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Yeah fido-x, this its true,

I've been freelancer for an linux distribution and my situation it was the same. Working hard day and night and getting nothing. Then I decide to sell my open work, but no one donate once. (monitoring application, rrdtool, bash + php), so I think fido-x explain the right situation of "taking" free and resell or making profit.

In any case, this are not the right prices of out work...

Regards
Nicu

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 pm
Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by fido-x » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:33 pm

With regard to the issue of "Free and Open Source", this does not necessarily mean free (as in price), it means you have the freedom to use (either commercially or non-commercially) or the freedom to modify for your own use. The term "Open Source" means you get the source code, rather than a pre-compiled program. PHP, by nature is "Open Source", since you get the source code.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:06 pm

MODULES COMMERCIAL

I feel compelled to open a post for this. Excuse my bad English. has long been that you see only modules of trade. I give reason to all those who lose time to create modules for the community, but do not you put your hand over the heart. I see modules that are sold in dollars or euros ... 10/15/20 is unthinkable! A program for creating professional websites coast 25/35 dollars ... and you ask for a Form 10 to $ 20 ... it is unthinkable! I understand if you hit a custom form for 1 customer ... But if you have a store of forms asking 10 or $ 20 for a module is just stealing ... because if you look at the downloading of the core OpenCart thousands of people who download OpenCart. If everyone would pay (for example) $ 20 for "only" a module, you programmer you would be millionaires! The concept of commerce modules is right that exists, but it is not fair to ask a lot of money. OpenCart is free ... we speak of software, not modules !!!!!! ..and you ask 10/15/20 dollars per 1 module ... for me is not right. I understand ask 1 euro/dollar for 1 module (if 500 people buy the form on the 1 euro you think the program with $ 500 being given the right value for the form) ... But ask 10/15/20 eur/dollar Dommarie for a module or template is crazy! The modules are improvements in the site ... OpenCart works perfectly even without the additional modules. purpose is to sell. I speak because I am expert in web marketing .. and I can say that the philosophy adopted to sell modules OpenCart is totally wrong ... business is not so! The logic of this type of trade is directed to the number of customers ... So ... "If I sell the module at 20 euro/dollar will buy only those who really needs (example: 10 people in 1000 = $ 200 gain). If I sell the form on the 1 euro / dollar will be bought by many people because 1 euro/dollar no weight to any individual (statistical averages: 400/500 people will form on the 1 euro = 400/500 earning dollars / euros). In short: if I as a customer I have to spend $ 10 for 1 module, do not do it .. if by 10 euros I can buy 10 modules covers all!

I thank all the programmers who create fantastic moduless and you're right when you say that you spend time. But one thing is being honest .. One thing is trying to do business in a forum of an open source program. I understand help research and development ... But the prices set for the modules are out of marketing ...
it is true that few people give (I've always done), but lately the forum I see only at the end of trade.
would be wise to insert a section of the forum for "commercial module", because if by now in the "contribution" (which should be a section of the contributions are free) there are only forms of trade.

I hope this message I can think about a reduction in prices and sales philosophy.

Thanks to all those who make OpenCart a wonderful software ... is only by understanding the user / customer and not ask too much ... in this case is the amount that makes the difference ... Think about it!

Excuse my bad English

regards

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:39 pm

are you crazy?

A script of opencarts quanititly will cost you anythign from 295 USD to 650 US

Even the enterprise version of meganto is 12,000 USD.

Look at interspires prices:

http://www.interspire.com/shoppingcart/pricelist.php

250 USD!!!

OpenCart alrady has a lot of free shipping and payment modules. In fact it covers all the main ones except fedex and ups which will be coming soon.

What some of the people are charging in the forum is nothing compared to the price of what others charge on other projects.

Look at modules from prestashop:

http://www.prestastore.com/4-payment-modules-prestashop

They are charging 300 EUR's for some modules.


You can not expect everything to be free. Most e-commerce sites I setup make atleast £25,000 in the first month of business. so its nothing to pay a few dollars to start your own business!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 pm

daniel sorry if I contradict myself .. But no you're right. I just want to tell you that the increase of users that you had for your project "OpenCart" comes from people who have lost PrestaShop .. I am one of those who lived long time in PrestaShop ... But, as the project has started to become commercial and opensource remained only the core .. I dropped everything and went into this project which was initially very special and I looked like a big family. I regret that a person like you see it even worse in terms of payment. I with 6OO/1000 DOLLARS PAY THE SALARY OF A PROGRAMMER PHP which makes me all the modules I want.

I thank you for the wonderful project OpenCart ... but I want to thank those sull'opensource trade. Ultimately, without OpenCart (which is free), these projects would not have given rise to any form. I still say that the marketing strategy of the price of the modules is beyond logic .. Pure madness. With money and prices showing you Daniel, I'll buy a software e-commerce and is super full of features.

Your "OpenCart" is wonderful ... and keep saying that you are brilliant. I do not have it with programmers who make payment modules .. I say just my opinion .. democracy and we do not hurt anyone if I say that prices are high. Before PrestaShop believe we grow ... PrestaShop has only now begun to offer commercial projects .. top 300/400 and multiple modules all free. OpenCart has every chance of becoming a project as large and important ... But in such a short time we can not raise the bar as if it were the most used programs. There is a long way to go and remember ... users who loses PrestaShop them take you .. But if they see that here is centered around the business, they let you .. believe me. These customers are the same people who would not pay 10/20/30/40 euros / dollars a module ... but are the same as for 1 euro / dollar would buy all the modules. In this case what matters is the amount ... and the satisfaction of the people opensource.

I thank all the programmers ... I present only a board to be all happy and satisfied

Excuse my bad English

regards

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I think the time spent whining about a few bucks could be spent learning how to code for yourself. Then you could share all the modules you want for free.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Donce » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Q, have you already earned a million in oc mods? ;)

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Surely better to whine that stealing money from people who believe in 'opensource. Your modules are not worth what you ask. yours are added to the core OpenCart. If I refer to the prices written by Daniel I realize that you do not know OpenCart programmers to trade ... better you do programmers. Daniel says that a form OpenCart could cost from 295 USD to 650 U.S.. Dramweaver costs $ 600. is crazy to pay from 295 to 650 U.S. for a module OpenCart. I speak for users to "beautify" the site includes modules. Recurrence. OpenCart not need anything .. work without additional modules. For me qphoria your modules are worth 1 to 2 euro / $ or more. Your prices are science fiction ... and you can pay them only who does not understand much of programming.
REPLAY DREAMWEAVER COSTA $ 600 and a program ... and there are thousands of e-commerce to pay that cost even 20 € and are complete. I think it was better to pay OpenCart, so Daniel also created a section to download the free add-on modules.

I do not understand why in the "contribution" I must see the forms in payment, when you could create a forum section dedicated to everything that is commercial.

Mine is an opinion ... and does not seem fair to ask money for many of the modules ... would be better to sell at low cost so that programmers would benefit many more people of the modules and gain the same.

I definite ... I never bought a module and modify all with my hands in the code ... do not cry as you say qphoria ... I express an opinion ... or want to create a module in order not to express opinions and Democrats, if anything, do pay 35 euros / dollars? ;-)
Last edited by myopen on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:20 pm

myopen wrote:Surely better to whine that stealing money from people who believe in 'opensource. Your modules are not worth what you ask. yours are added to the core OpenCart.
1. They are worth 4 times what I charge
2. None of mine are added to the core. Daniel just chooses to write the same ones as I picked popular ones to write.
3. You buy the module 1 time and its paid for by the first order you get.. You are just being a freeloader

Since the modules are so worthless I invite you to write them yourself.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by imaginetech » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:24 pm

This thread is going to end badly.

Image
www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm
Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 pm

I say thanks to people like you qphoria, because you're really good at programming and made beautiful forms.
I have only given an opinion ... THAT FORMS too expensive and so We will never sell at all ... and many no longer use OpenCart, as has happened for PrestaShop. Many of your new users are former users pretashop, magento etc, who have fled the economic philosophy. In practice: the core is just the bait free ... and fish (people) should bite payment modules ... but finally they are intelligent and prefer to pay a full software without having to manually add them. Many people do not understand the code and only think that must take a form and then must enter frightening. At this point, better to pay a software that has everything inside.

I gave an opinion .. I regret that we take it so bad. You should thank the people who give you advice to improve the lives of everyone, so everyone is happy. But I say thank you anyway to all those who seek to do OpenCart a complete software and functional. But do not act annoyed if I write a democratic opinion.

The bad thing is that I just opened a topic to let people know that there are many programmers people who suffer from this situation of high cost modules and I've written, just because you programmers can understand the needs of users. I believe that lowering the cost will earn more. At least do the "split test" and see if I'm right.

I am a friend of OpenCart and loves it .. and I respect all people who work to improve it. But it is an open-source project and also the forms should require a low cost to satisfy all users.

Thanks to all programmers

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 pm

imaginetech wrote:This thread is going to end badly.
because the posts that end up evil are always the ones where they say the truth ... and the truth hurts .. especially to those who have made a profit OpenCart ...

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by imaginetech » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 pm

No because arguing on the Internet is pointless.

Image
www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm
Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by myopen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 pm

imaginetech wrote:No because arguing on the Internet is pointless.
no imaginetech .. I respect you a lot .. You're a great person and a human level qphoria that is cynical. I speak for many people but you do not understand the usefulness of my post. I only say that charging modules 10/20/30/40 euros / dollars is fiction, just because we are on the Internet. If I buy a software to create sites pay him $ 35 but I lay still use. If I pay $ 35 a module qphoria use it only for e-commerce project. but this is not the problem. If the module he had done just for me .. could also be $ 200 .. but it is a module for everyone, so why pay $ 35 that is so? If they sell at 1 / 2 euros and it includes almost all he gained more and all users would be satisfied. talking about the economy, web marketing, but many programmers do not know anything about economics, business and web marketing and think they do good for the price expectations of high earnings. So do not sell anything or so and people leave the program OpenCart. the true strength of a project is the number of users, and if the program continues with these prices OpenCart lose many users and attendance.
My only advice to you ... But I see that programmers take it badly, and do not understand that I speak in the name of the property for OpenCart who worship him and wish the best for Daniel who did a great job.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:57 pm

imaginetech wrote:No because arguing on the Internet is pointless.
Winner! ;D

The simple truth of it is.
OpenCart is free.
OpenCart is great.
OpenCart has LOTS of free mods
OpenCart has LOTS of great helpers
Qphoria has LOTS of free mods
Qphoria has LOTS of CHEAP mods
OpenCart has no affiliation with Qphoria's mods
Qphorias mods have no affiliation with OpenCart
What Qphoria chooses to sell "3rd party" has nothing to do with people leaving prestashop or opencart. Prestashop users leave because prestashop is slow and hard to work with.

myopen, your argument is like saying the iPod sales are falling because the BOSE speaker addon is too costly.
If you don't want the BOSE speaker addon, then don't buy it! It has nothing to do with the ipod itself.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by myopen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 am

In fact, I only said that in the contribution section (devoted to the contributions = synonym for free) now there are only modules of payment ... and I wonder why for me there is an affiliation between OpenCart and qphoria. This is my opinion. You can sell your modules even at $ 1000, your problems are because nobody will buy. I only wrote what many people think and write. I still maintain that the forms qphoria (very useful and well programmed) are very expensive and not worth the cost, since users OpenCart are many. Another thing, in many forums that deal with open source does not permit advertisements for commercial sites .. I wonder why there is public qphoria also always in the sections devoted to aid. I do not understand why make a trade forum dedicated to the support and help. There are hundreds of places to qphoria comes in and puts a link to your site commercial. that support is? Least should create a section on business forms such qphoria has fun and is happy. Modules qphoria have to do with OpenCart, otherwise your presence in every post you would notice no .. I only ever links to your commercial site .. and this thing is very sad ... for opensource. This is only exploit a situation and do little for the many people who believe in the project.

I still maintain that the forms should cost little .. and to think that programmers should write code with open source programs, send files via ftp opensource, exploit e-commerce open source software, they use open source graphics programs ... and they believe they resell their genius as if it were gold, not taking into consider what makes the soul dell'opensource, ie users. In this forum there are many unique program, very good ... and the rest of the opinion that they should understand even users who are experiencing the forum .. but I see that this does not happen. Money .. money ... money ...

Excuse my bad English

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by TBT » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 am

if i can put my tupence worth in? opencart and its programmers do a great job, i have several projects that have evolved from opencart and has made hundreds if not thoushands of pounds revenue becuase of it, i have willingly paid programmers from here to do custom work and find their custom modules awsome, as Daniel stated there are "free" modules that cover if not all, most aspects of a fully funtional online shop. (opensource)

My own shop wich was customized by a member on here , i can download a datafile from my suppliers and instantly upload and i have over 1700 products online ready to sell(with my own mark up).

i was quoted from several companys to do a site that would manage this and i was blown over by the costing.

10/10 to opencart and its mods (paid or unpaid)

O0

User avatar
TBT
New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests