Post by imaginetech » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 am

richard211986 wrote:im having problems too with this module ive uploaded all the new files and deleted the original tpl file and put in the new one but google still seems to be having a problem reading the code. i can see the through the source view that the coding is on there but its still not picking it up and ive waited a few days =/ heres my site http://www.thegadgetshack.co.uk.

thanks
Richard
Hi Richard,

Your still running the old code. The single quotes are not being decoded properly and are being displayed as &#039.

To get it working:

Uninstall previous Google Analytics Module.
Delete tpl file.
Install Google Analytics v1.2 http://shop.imaginetech.com.au/

After install view the page source and make sure that single quotes are not being replaced with &#039.

Hope that helps.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by fluidman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Is it possible to provide Google Analytics with e-commerce transactions as well? Cause you can set the website profile of a Google Analytics tracked site to E-Commerce Site and it will give you statistics on the E-Commerce behaviour as well.

Here is a link to googles Help on how to include e-commerce transactions: http://www.google.com/support/googleana ... swer=55528

Here are all e-commerce related articles: http://www.google.com/support/googleana ... opic=11001

Post by fluidman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 am

@imaginetech: would it be possible to implement somewhere on the success page?

Administrator

Post by fluidman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:07 pm

i'll try it out...

where would i have to add the code

Code: Select all

onclick="pageTracker._link(this.href); return false;"
to the button that redirects to paypal?

Post by nosleephotel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 am

imaginetech wrote: Now, if you do not have any Google Analytics code showing up in your pages:

1. Check module is enabled and code is inserted.
2. DELETE googleanalytics.tpl file as per install.txt
3. Make sure that you have your directory permissions set correctly. The code needs write permissions on the catalog/template directory.
Hey imaginetech. I've installed the Google Analytics module two days ago and have not been able to figure why the Analytics code won't show in the page source. I've done step 1 above, step 2 doesn't apply and I'm not sure which file I need to make sure what write permissions. Can you give a little more detail on step 3? Thanks!

Location - Los Angeles, CA

Post by imaginetech » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:22 am

Hi,
if your using that latest version then make sure that the module is enabled in the admin interface and then DELETE the catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/module/googleanalytics.tpl file.

What this will do is creat a new tpl file the next time someone visits the front end of the shop provided the module is installed, enabled and there is GA code in the db.

Hope that helps.

Note: I doubt it's a permissions issue as generally you would have got a page of errors about fopen and fwrite fails.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by nosleephotel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 pm

I didn't see the googleanalytics.tpl file in the folder until I refreshed. Then deleted and revisited the front-end. Looks like it's there in the source code and Analytics says it's now tracking. Does it not matter that the Analytics code isn't just before the </body> tag like instructed by Google?

Post by imaginetech » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm

nosleephotel wrote:I didn't see the googleanalytics.tpl file in the folder until I refreshed. Then deleted and revisited the front-end. Looks like it's there in the source code and Analytics says it's now tracking. Does it not matter that the Analytics code isn't just before the </body> tag like instructed by Google?
If there's a Google Analytics guru here feel free to correct me.

I'm pretty sure that it is recommended to place it just before the closing body tag to make sure that if the GA server is slow in responding that your page will basically be fully rendered whilst waiting for the server response.

So technically yes, it's not optimal but in practice it should be fine.

Hope that helps.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by gavin m » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 am

fluidman wrote:i'll try it out...

where would i have to add the code

Code: Select all

onclick="pageTracker._link(this.href); return false;"
to the button that redirects to paypal?
any success?

I'd like to have the ecommerce side working on mine too, so if you have it working, at least I know it's possible.

Post by rklein » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi everybody,
I have a critical problem with Google Analytics in my shop. If you display detail of some products it loads the page and after few seconds it starts to transfer data to google-analytics.com and the page gets blank

Take a look - http://fotonka.cz/ochrana-lcd/sklenena- ... anon-1000d

What should I do?

Post by rklein » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:50 am

I'm sorry, it is not a problem with the module, but with the GA tracking code. The same error appears if I use GA module and also if I place the code in to the layout.tpl.

Any ideas??? ??? ???

Post by nosleephotel » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:09 am

make sure you copied the GA code from Google correctly I guess.

Post by CodeBits » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:27 am

I haven't used this module so I'm not sure of your options for where the code is embedded, but... your Google Tracking Code is in the left column above the beginning of the modules displayed. It should be at the bottom of your index.tpl just before the </body> tag. Read Google's doc. on this.

In brief:
Copy the following code block into every webpage you want to track immediately before the </body> tag.
If your site has dynamic content you can use a common include or a template.

Post by rklein » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:00 am

nosleephotel wrote:make sure you copied the GA code from Google correctly I guess.
the code is just copied from GA, no changes made

Post by rklein » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:06 am

CodeBits wrote:I haven't used this module so I'm not sure of your options for where the code is embedded, but... your Google Tracking Code is in the left column above the beginning of the modules displayed. It should be at the bottom of your index.tpl just before the </body> tag. Read Google's doc. on this.

In brief:
Copy the following code block into every webpage you want to track immediately before the </body> tag.
If your site has dynamic content you can use a common include or a template.
I know how to use GA and where the GATC should be. It is recommended to place it before </body> - it was the first thing I've tried. It was causing the error so I installed GA module but it turns out it didn't solve anything,

Post by CodeBits » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 am

Interesting...
I've compared your GA code to mine which is hard-coded in my index.tpl and there is no difference except id's.

If your code errors when hard-coding it in the index.tpl, using a module and moving the code from where it should be to a location it shouldn't be isn't going to help.

I think you should be looking a some other contributing factor.

Do you have the Display Parse Time turned on?
Try turning it off if you do as it can cause issues.
I'd be sure to put the code back where it belongs.

Display Parse Time:
You need to be careful displaying parse time as it can interfere with image uploading, image captures and many more features.

Post by rklein » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:04 am

CodeBits wrote:Interesting...
I've compared your GA code to mine which is hard-coded in my index.tpl and there is no difference except id's.

If your code errors when hard-coding it in the index.tpl, using a module and moving the code from where it should be to a location it shouldn't be isn't going to help.

I think you should be looking a some other contributing factor.

Do you have the Display Parse Time turned on?
Try turning it off if you do as it can cause issues.
I'd be sure to put the code back where it belongs.

Display Parse Time:
You need to be careful displaying parse time as it can interfere with image uploading, image captures and many more features.
The Display Parse Time is off all the time,so it shouldn't be the problem

Post by CodeBits » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:17 am

I wish I had something else to offer but I looked over your code and don't see any reason for this redirection to take place. I'm really interested to know why. At this point I'd be asking Google.

???

Post by rklein » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:09 am

CodeBits wrote:I wish I had something else to offer but I looked over your code and don't see any reason for this redirection to take place. I'm really interested to know why. At this point I'd be asking Google.

???
I downloaded opencart again, made new installation, installed import/export module, imported all the data and put GATC in the layout.tpl .... and I'm still getting that bloody error :-\
I don't know what to do...