Post by myopen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 pm

hello fido-x ... I hope all is well. If I disorder:

1) I wanted to know if you had made those additions to the form FAQs.
2) A question: What is the description field (in admin -> catalog -> Sponsors -> General) in the module "sponsors". I write in but does not appear anywhere. What should serve this field "description"?

Thank you very much

Post by fido-x » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 pm

FAQ package has been updated to fix the problem in the administration and now includes a button to take you back to the general FAQ list on sub-topic and answer pages.
Get it from: http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=49

The following packages have also been updated to address issues with using a full-size image:-
News Pages: http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=51
Events Calendar: http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=48
Homepage Package: http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=50
The fixes in the Homepage Package also fix a display issue with the Latest Products, Special Offers and Featured Products modules, which was allowing the heading to be displayed, even if there were no products, specials or featured products.
kornovec wrote:Hey ho!
really great module News 132!!!
But Im having trouble when i click on NEWS PAGES. I get error msg:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in D:\xampp\htdocs\oc\catalog\controller\information\news.php on line 71
What is that mean?
Thanks!
K.
You need to end your sentences with a full stop.
myopen wrote:thanks fido-x
By this I mean that:
For module NEWS:
a) I can not insert links within individual news? ... if I can post links as I do that?
You should be able to insert links, just don't do it in either of the first 2 sentences.
myopen wrote:hello fido-x ... I hope all is well. If I disorder:
1) I wanted to know if you had made those additions to the form FAQs.
2) A question: What is the description field (in admin -> catalog -> Sponsors -> General) in the module "sponsors". I write in but does not appear anywhere. What should serve this field "description"?
Thank you very much
I suppose the main reason for the description field is for possible future enhancements. Including the description field from the beginning means there will be no changes in the table structure if I ever get round to doing any.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by myopen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Great Fido-x. I tried the module "calendar 132a"... beautiful. I noticed that there is the same problem of FAQs, an event that is open when there is no button that makes return to the list of events. How can one put it, as you did for the FAQs in the 132a version?

Post by myopen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:12 am

Another question great fido-x:
- How can I customize the date of the event in my language? For example ... If I select an event, the title appears above the date so: September 26, 2009. How can I change the code to view: 26 settembre, 2009?? (in my language)

- I believe that as the module FAQ missing the button to return to main events.

Thanks

Attachments

events.jpg

events.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 4098 times

Post by fido-x » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 am

myopen wrote:Another question great fido-x:
- How can I customize the date of the event in my language? For example ... If I select an event, the title appears above the date so: September 26, 2009. How can I change the code to view: 26 settembre, 2009?? (in my language)

- I believe that as the module FAQ missing the button to return to main events.

Thanks
I'll change the date format in the next release to use the long date format specified language file (same as I did for the "Date added" on the news pages - although that uses the short date format).

With regard to a button to take you back to the main events, the question is, which list to return to? Do you want to return to the list of events for the day, month or year?

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by myopen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Return to the general list. As you know, in the menu "information" you create an entry for "events" that if I click me I see all the events and I choose which event to see. Suppose I'm wrong to open an event .. What should I do? Select New from the menu "Information" menu item "Events" I act more action. For the general rules of good web design, you should always try to make life easy for the user. For example, I speak for myself, if I did do, and button "events" (list of all events general) that enter it below, it also adds a button "home" to make life easier to the user.

'm Glad that released an updated version of the module. I think you're brilliant, your modules are the result of a big head. I wish you the best in life

Attachments

events2.jpg

events2.jpg (44 KiB) Viewed 4152 times

Post by fido-x » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:21 pm

OK, I'll include the buttons in the next release.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by myopen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

thanks fido-x !!! :)

Post by myopen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:20 am

Hello great fido-x, how are you? Shall update the module calendar/events 132a? I worry when I see your posts! :-D ... I hope all is well. regards

Post by RaymondBeaudoin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Fido-X,

I was wondering if you've updated your Featured Homepage module. It would be of the greatest use to me, but the last version I see available on your website was built for 1.2.6.

Thanks for looking into it,

Raymond Beaudoin

Post by fido-x » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 am

RaymondBeaudoin wrote:I was wondering if you've updated your Featured Homepage module. It would be of the greatest use to me, but the last version I see available on your website was built for 1.2.6.
The last release was for 1.3.2 (http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=50).

I will be releasing updated versions of the Homepage Package, Events Calendar, News Pages and FAQs towards the end of the week.

And yes, they will still be free ;D

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by ThePath » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 am

Im having serious problems with Homepage 134 installed on v1.3.4

Anyone else having probs?

First I was getting a error regarding the sort_order field in the product table which didnt exist. I took the sort order out of the call in product.php and everything seemed to work until I add a product to Featured....the radio button never saves to the yes position on Featured and doesnt show on homepage....well it ventually did? Again is anyone else having probs?

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by fido-x » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Sorry about that. The error is actually in the installation instructions, not in the modules. I've fixed it up in the archive, but I'll post the fix here as well.

In "admin/model/catalog/product.php", replace line 4 with the following:-

Code: Select all

$this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "product SET model = '" . $this->db->escape($data['model']) . "', sku = '" . $this->db->escape($data['sku']) . "', location = '" . $this->db->escape($data['location']) . "', quantity = '" . (int)$data['quantity'] . "', stock_status_id = '" . (int)$data['stock_status_id'] . "', date_available = '" . $this->db->escape($data['date_available']) . "', manufacturer_id = '" . (int)$data['manufacturer_id'] . "', shipping = '" . (int)$data['shipping'] . "', price = '" . (float)$data['price'] . "', weight = '" . (float)$data['weight'] . "', weight_class_id = '" . (int)$data['weight_class_id'] . "', length = '" . (float)$data['length'] . "', width = '" . (float)$data['width'] . "', height = '" . (float)$data['height'] . "', measurement_class_id = '" . (int)$data['measurement_class_id'] . "', status = '" . (int)$data['status'] . "', featured = '" . (int)$data['featured'] . "', tax_class_id = '" . (int)$data['tax_class_id'] . "', date_added = NOW()");
Then (in the same file), replace line 84 with:

Code: Select all

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "product SET model = '" . $this->db->escape($data['model']) . "', sku = '" . $this->db->escape($data['sku']) . "', location = '" . $this->db->escape($data['location']) . "', quantity = '" . (int)$data['quantity'] . "', stock_status_id = '" . (int)$data['stock_status_id'] . "', date_available = '" . $this->db->escape($data['date_available']) . "', manufacturer_id = '" . (int)$data['manufacturer_id'] . "', shipping = '" . (int)$data['shipping'] . "', price = '" . (float)$data['price'] . "', weight = '" . (float)$data['weight'] . "', weight_class_id = '" . (int)$data['weight_class_id'] . "', length = '" . (float)$data['length'] . "', width = '" . (float)$data['width'] . "', height = '" . (float)$data['height'] . "', measurement_class_id = '" . (int)$data['measurement_class_id'] . "', status = '" . (int)$data['status'] . "', featured = '" . (int)$data['featured'] . "', tax_class_id = '" . (int)$data['tax_class_id'] . "', date_modified = NOW() WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
Hope this helps.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by SoCal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 am

Say Fido,

is this compatible with 1.3.4

Post by fido-x » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

The following modules have been updated for OpenCart version 1.3.4:-
Homepage Package http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=64
Events Calendar http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=62
News Pages http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=65
FAQs http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=63

Yes, they are still free!

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by cmebd » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Fido-X,

Am in process of installing calendar for 1.3.4 and have a problem finding one of the references under "Catalog" in the installation instructions.

The reference is:
Edit your store‘s "catalog/language/english/information.php" file by adding the following line:–

$_['text_calendar'] = 'Events for the Year';
I cannot find 'information.php' under the "english" directory (picture attached). Any hints or am I just missing some files?

cheers

Attachments

calendar134_english_directory.JPG

calendar134_english_directory.JPG (61.21 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:08 pm

language/english/modules/information.php

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by cmebd » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Tks

Post by cmebd » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:06 pm

No probs - a bit of a "duh" moment - just enabled it :-[

Brilliant - now that all works - I haven't gone through with "Linking to Home page" and "SEO URLs". But I would dearly like to know what I need to do to get that really nice Calendar on the right (or left) column.

Sorry to sound so dumb but past experience was "create own stuff" and am having to tread a bit softer until I get to know what "bits" are where so that I don't -kill- my install?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Post by signify » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Hello
I have tried to instal the News pages module but It won't seem to instal properly. The error starts when I try to edit the News module in Admin/Extensions/Modules. I have managed to Install the madule on this page but as soon as I go to edit the module I get a white page and this error

Notice: Undefined index: warning in \httpdocs\admin\controller\module\news.php on line 38

I don't understand why, I thought I followed the instructions correctly.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Taz