Post by fido-x » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Set permissions on the vqmod/xml folder to 777 or 755.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by spitos » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh it was that easy... I feel a bit silly now!

Thanks for your help

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by goodday1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 am

hello,
i just wanted to say thanks v much for vqmod manager it worls great in 1.5.1

Can anyone help me with something please.
i am using oc 1.5.1 and vq mod 1.2.3
have installed

hide_out_of_stock_options_vqmod.xml
Disable Out of Stock Options 1.4.x and 1.5.x

but it doesnt work.

qpohoria has asked me to look at my vqmod.log but i cannot find it anywhere.

i installed vqmod manager in the hope it would display the contents of my vqmod.log but in the section for Error Log it is completely blank.

Should i have enabled logging somewhere?

i am using an import export mod without any problems - oh and the mod
oc_random_latest
doesnt seem to work either.

I am new to oc so bound to be user error, but for the life of me i ca nnot find this file
thanks

ps i have tried 755 and 777 for vqmod and vqmod/cache as per instructions i have also tried for vqmod/xml but without success
thanks

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:56 am

spitos wrote:Hi there, I hope someone can help.

I seem to be having some issues when clicking delete or uninstall in the brilliant vqmod manager.

I get this message when click either link:

Code: Select all

Warning: rename(/sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/xml/vqmod_catalog_improved_my_account_mod.xml,/sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/xml/vqmod_catalog_improved_my_account_mod.xml_) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /sites/xxx/shop/admin/controller/module/vqmod_manager.php on line 234Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sites/xxx/shop/admin/index.php:83) in /sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sites/xxx/shop/admin/index.php:83) in /sites/xxx/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
This happens for all installed vqmods, not just the one referenced above.
Anyone else had this issue?
The only time you should even be calling the rename function is if you are in non-virtual mode... which means the file actually overwrite the core files... and you shouldn't be doing that unless you really know what you are doing. Did you change that in the vqmod.php file?

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 am

Qphoria wrote:The only time you should even be calling the rename function is if you are in non-virtual mode... which means the file actually overwrite the core files... and you shouldn't be doing that unless you really know what you are doing. Did you change that in the vqmod.php file?
This thread deals with the vQmod Manager. The "rename" only renames the vQmod .xml file by adding an underscore at the end of it, thus, disabling the vQmod. For example, yourmod.xml will be renamed to yourmod.xml_, it doesn't touch any core files.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by goodday1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:05 am

i just wanted to add to my previous posts that i have just added randomize_featured_products_nostrain xml vq mod by qpohoria into my vqmod folder and it has worked straight away , yet still the hide the out of stock products mod does not work

can anyone through some light on why some of gthese mods are not working - all by qphoria all compatabile with version 1.5.1 yet some work and others dont .

oh and my vqmod.log still hasnt appeared anywhere

Post by rph » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 pm

VQMod Manager is just a frontend for managing your VQMods. It doesn't do anything itself. If a mod doesn't work you need to talk to the person who created it.

I've found VQMod itself doesn't always generate errors on failure so if nothing shows up in the error log that's not altogether unusual. One thing you can do is check /vqmod/vqmod.php and make sure you have:

public $logging = TRUE
and

private $logFilePath = './vqmod';				// Log file path. default: './vqmod/logs'
private $logFileName = 'vqmod.log';					// Log file name. default: 'vqmod.log'
You can also check if /vqmod/vqmod.log exists (and VQMM is just failing to grab it) though I'm pretty certain it doesn't.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by onlinemarketer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:38 pm

great mod! seems to be working perfect :D

will there be a future option to view and edit the xml files within the browser?! Then coding can be done while ur out and about on ur iphone :D

Post by rph » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I briefly considered it but decided not to. It creates way too big a security issue and danger of hosing the cart to novice users.

I do have code done for viewing the XML source and parsing error logs but I'm holding off until VQMod 2.0.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by SandCarver » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 pm

rph,

I have been using and enjoying your VQMod Mananager. I was considering moving to VQMod 2.0 and was wondering when / if you are planning to migrate this module - or if it is already compatible.

Please advise - thank you.

Checkout Our OpenCart powered Stores
Sandcarving Systems | Glass Banks

Post by rph » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:45 am

There shouldn't be any problems with it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 am

Great mod. One thing I'd like to see as well as checking the file has valid XML is to actually check all of the vqmod file paths exist (considering the issue currently with 2.0). I realise once this is logged rather than it ending the script with an error this will not be such an issue, but it would be great if a user could literally click and check that all files needed for the mod are present

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by rph » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:49 am

Are future versions of VQMod going to keep automatically aborting on a missing file? I did a quick test and added an upload check pretty easily but I don't know if that's the best spot for it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 am

It's going to log instead of die, or at least that's the plan at present. Q's in the process of making the change. The logging is easy, it's not breaking code after the realpath's that's the difficult bit at the moment, but will be sorted

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:48 am

FYI this has been updated now

Guru Member

Post by rph » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 am

I've got the log parser mostly rewritten but I'm really swamped right now so it will probably be a couple weeks before I can release.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by 3antz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi, I downloaded and install VQmod Manager but I can't seem to see it on my admin>extensions page?
I have installed as per the instructions.

Can anyone kindly assist?

Thanks.

Opencart v 1.5.1.3

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm

have you installed vqmod?

Guru Member

Post by 3antz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

hi yes I have ... by following the isntructions on vqmod website. I downloaded some mods and they worked fine.

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Have you checked your vqmod log file to see what errors appear? Also have you renamed the admin folder?

Guru Member