Post by Nile » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm running opencart 1.5.1.3 and just uploaded this vQmod manager and it worked fine.

Thanks, great job.

Post by innuoluke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 am

This is a fantastic mod!

I have recently started writing my own VQMod's and this is such a handy extension / mod to have!

Massive thumbs up :)

Web developer for Cotswold Web Services / Innuo Ltd
Need help with your Opencart website? Give us a call to see how we can help.

Post by MrTech » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for the amount of time this has saved me while installing / troubleshooting.

I also use vQmod Generator, Editor and Log Viewer by uksitebuilder
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4267

Am I the only to have noticed that VQMod Manager contains the best of VQMod Generator's features? The only missing thing is the generator/editor function. Just wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to combine both apps into one and then submit it for addition to the core? I personally prefer having my GUI accessible from inside the admin panel and the layout and feel of vqm manager just flows better than vqm generator. All that to say: I believe that adding the ability to create and edit xml files would make VQMod Manager a complete solution for open cart admins.

my .02 watts

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by rph » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:35 pm

I appreciate some users wanting to make small changes quickly but I'm very firm in the belief development should always be kept in a proper dev environment so this won't be happening. VQMod is very powerful and you can compromise a store very quickly with it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by timparnell » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:16 am

Have to add my thanks. Just installed this and it totally rocks!!!! :)
Awesome mod, can't imagine how much time this will save me.......
For what it's worth I think you're right to stick to your principles and not change it. :P
As you say vqmod is very powerful and should be used carefully....

Tim (total OC noob)!

tim@pointreddesign.co.uk | http://www.pointreddesign.co.uk

Location - Norwich, Norfolk, UK

Post by MrTech » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 am

@rph - That would explain why the editor has to be installed outside opencart with password protection. OK I get it now, thanks for the explanation. PS: There is a typo in the 'heading settings' section of the language file... the word maintenance is not correct. No big deal just letting you know so it can be adjusted for the next release.

@timparnell - Stick to your principles and not change it? Ouch, it's not like I was holding a gun to his head, I asked a question out of ignorance. I learned something so it was totally worth losing some brownie points with rph because I wasted a few minutes of his time having to provide this oc_noob an answer instead of coding the next great thing!

This should be added to a list of 2 mods you can't live without. Firebug and VQMod Manager, there I said it.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by hbg » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 am

MrTech wrote:
This should be added to a list of 2 mods you can't live without. Firebug and VQMod Manager, there I said it.
Hi, I have not come across Firebug as yet. Many thanks. I have a theme I purchased, but it was incompatible with a few mods I already had. This will come in handy.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by rph » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 pm

MrTech wrote:@rph - That would explain why the editor has to be installed outside opencart with password protection. OK I get it now, thanks for the explanation. PS: There is a typo in the 'heading settings' section of the language file... the word maintenance is not correct. No big deal just letting you know so it can be adjusted for the next release.
Thanks MrTech. I've updated the language file. Don't sweat the question. It wasn't a bad one and you're far from the only person to request that feature. It's just way outside the scope of what VQMM is meant to do and opens me up to an endless barrage of 'I changed something in VQMod Manager and now my website is broke and I can't get into VQMM to fix it!' emails.

:bang:

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by cmrdirect » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Cannot uninstall VQmods until I change permissions on vwmod/xml to 777 (from 755), but the manual says that 755 is all that is necessary. Have things changed since the manual was written, or is this sensitive to the particular setup of our server (i.e. which users are in the group with permission defined by the second digit). Can someone explain this aspects of permissions so we can get it set up right.

Thanks for an awesome mod.

Kurt

Check out my Opencart sites here: Consumambles for condensed matter research and Handwoven Scarves Shop

Post by rph » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 am

Don't know. 755 has been enough for every installation I've seen.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by philbydevil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

My xml folder also needs to be 777. Won't uninstall with 755 permissions.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by Avvici » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Thank God I saw this. I was considering doing this same thing lol. Nice work.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by ecigg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm

hi RPH,

mate i was trying to install your mod on a WAMP(XAMPP) setup i have got going on my local machine (windows7 32bit) for development purposes. while i try to install and set the vqmod directory in your module, everything seems to go OK, but it doesnt seem to be saving the path to vqmod direcotry, as it just keeps asking me the same info everytime i try to run your module, any help regarding this isssue?

cheers

Post by rph » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 am

Make sure you click save after setting the path.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by ecigg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 am

mate i might come out as an idiot at first, but i am not lol i have been hitting the save button every time. after i press the save button, a message appear on the next page saying the changes have been successfully saved but when i try to use the module, it shows the save path screen again.....

Post by crazypetfood » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm

cmrdirect wrote:Cannot uninstall VQmods until I change permissions on vwmod/xml to 777 (from 755), but the manual says that 755 is all that is necessary. Have things changed since the manual was written, or is this sensitive to the particular setup of our server (i.e. which users are in the group with permission defined by the second digit). Can someone explain this aspects of permissions so we can get it set up right.

Thanks for an awesome mod.

Kurt
I and others have the same problem, it used to install fine, now it fails saying can't write to some files, even though all permissions are set.

It is strange, I have installed vqmod loads of times on older versions of OC without any problems. No answer so far on my other topics about this :(

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by rph » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

ecigg wrote:mate i might come out as an idiot at first, but i am not lol i have been hitting the save button every time. after i press the save button, a message appear on the next page saying the changes have been successfully saved but when i try to use the module, it shows the save path screen again.....
Check your database to confirm the data was properly saved in the settings table. The group is 'vqmod_manager'.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by ecigg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Gday RPH,

i looked in to my database, and there is no entry matching the one you said in the settings table.

i did get the module working on my machine though.....by just hard coding the path in to the module controller file.....

cheers.

Post by storm-cloud » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Just a quick question, I understand that when no further changes are being made by any vQmod files that "public $useCache = false;" can be changed to "public $useCache = true;" in the vqmod.php file in order to speed up the site.

Does vQmod Manager enable this by default? The reason I ask is that the cached files are indeed visible from the vQmod Manager interface which can also be deleted at the users request. If these cached files are not being used, it would be fantastic to see a radio button or check box to enable and disable the vQmod cache as desired.

Post by rph » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 am

Vqcache files are always used. useCache just controls whether they're generated every time or just once. VQMM doesn't allow you to set useCache status because you need to modify vqmod.php or index.php to do that.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member