Post by qahar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:27 am

Qphoria wrote:Ok I cleaned up the first post to make it easier to understand (i hope):
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p120715
Also updated the vQmod collection file: quick explanation for newbie. :P

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by Lao » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 am

Q, can you tell me how can I delete files in vqcache folder? Right now permissions of this folder are "fle (755)" and I can't change them.

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 am

Lao wrote:Q, can you tell me how can I delete files in vqcache folder? Right now permissions of this folder are "fle (755)" and I can't change them.
They autodelete for you but you should always have rights with 755 or just change the folder to 777

Administrator

Post by marc_cole » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

Q,

Is there a way to script a minimum OC version requirement for VQM scripts? For example, let's say we have a script that requires v1.4.9.1 or higher. Is there a way to code that so if someone was to try to install it on 1.4.8 or lower, it just wouldn't run? Or better yet, produce a dialog saying "You need at least v1.4.9.x to run this mod."?

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by Lao » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Lao wrote:Q, can you tell me how can I delete files in vqcache folder? Right now permissions of this folder are "fle (755)" and I can't change them.
They autodelete for you but you should always have rights with 755 or just change the folder to 777
I can't change to 777, I can't do anything on vqcache folder. And although it's 755 it's "fle (0755)", while others are "flcdmpe (0755)".

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 am

Lao wrote:
Qphoria wrote:
I can't change to 777, I can't do anything on vqcache folder. And although it's 755 it's "fle (0755)", while others are "flcdmpe (0755)".
Then get a new host.. You should have full control of your own folders

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 am

yeah his host probably does not run either suphp or fastcgi and files written by the server are probably owned by the server user instead of the user most hosts have moved to one of the two where this does not happen, because it helps with security at the same time.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 am

Xsecrets wrote:yeah his host probably does not run either suphp or fastcgi and files written by the server are probably owned by the server user instead of the user most hosts have moved to one of the two where this does not happen, because it helps with security at the same time.
And that is just fine and normal. Most hosts are going to 0755 max chmod but that doesnt prevent reading or writing. But if he cant even delete files from ftp or cpanel then he needs a new host. vQmod files are text files like any other.

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 am

yes, but they are written by the server so if he has an old setup they will be owned by user nobody or www-data and the permissions will be 755 meaning that user myusername will not have permission to write to or delete those files. This used to be a problem with lots of webhosts when the server wrote out files, but like I said most host have moved to systems where the server runs as myusername so the files are written as you and you can control them. At any rate the advice is the same. Find a new host.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by grooverdan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Nice work Qphoria!

I started up a little collection http://gitorious.org/opencart-patches/o ... ster/vqmod. Some need a few additional files that I'll commit soon. non_us_paypal_phone.xml maybe should go in as a fix however the framework for maintainable modifications is really good. Thank you.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 am

grooverdan wrote:Nice work Qphoria!

I started up a little collection http://gitorious.org/opencart-patches/o ... ster/vqmod. Some need a few additional files that I'll commit soon. non_us_paypal_phone.xml maybe should go in as a fix however the framework for maintainable modifications is really good. Thank you.
Awesome :) great to see its working so well. A lot of nice vQmod scripts there

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:56 pm

I am in the process of switching some of my extensions over to VQMod, and I was wondering whether you could put the VQMod to the regular OpenCart extensions section, this way I could create permanent links to there in my install texts. Alternatively, could I make it downloadable from my own site?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah That would be nice. I have one of mine as a vqmod as well, but haven't added it to my download mostly because of that issue.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

I am working on making its own domain. http://www.vQmod.com is purchased and being set up
For now you can use http://tinyurl.com/vqmodoc

Administrator

Post by daymobrew » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Excellent extension - I was dreading maintaining core file modifications across updates.

I am having trouble enabling logging to a non-default location (I do not want to open write permissions to the root folder of my site). I want to put the log file in the 'vqcache' directory.
I added the following to my index.php file but no log file is being created.

Code: Select all

require_once('./vqmod.php');
$vqmod = new VQMod('./vqmod');
$vqmod->logFilePath = './vqcache/vqmod.log';
$vqmod->logging = TRUE;
It works when I modify the $logFilePath in vqmod.php but that is obviously not the best idea.

Post by dry_flood » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey

First of all, well done!!! This is a fantastic tool and an amazing achievement.

Just to chime in my 2 pennies.

Would it be possible to add functionality so that a developer can create a list of dependant files with relative filename and location for a mod in the xml file.

For example, the "At-a-glance" mod requires several other files to run and is not just a code addition.

This way we could create an GUI for the cart backend where we can list all VQmod scripts and if we choose to delete a script, we can delete all of the dependant files too and keep the cart directories clean?

Cheers
Gaz

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm

dry_flood wrote:Hey

First of all, well done!!! This is a fantastic tool and an amazing achievement.

Just to chime in my 2 pennies.

Would it be possible to add functionality so that a developer can create a list of dependant files with relative filename and location for a mod in the xml file.

For example, the "At-a-glance" mod requires several other files to run and is not just a code addition.

This way we could create an GUI for the cart backend where we can list all VQmod scripts and if we choose to delete a script, we can delete all of the dependant files too and keep the cart directories clean?

Cheers
Gaz
Hmm.... perhaps something like:

<dependents>
catalog/controller/module/xxx.php
catalog/model/catalog/xxx.php
</dependents>
or maybe it should be more structured

<dependent file="catalog/controller/module/xxx.php" />
<dependent file="catalog/model/catalog/xxx.php" />
Technically tho, that would just be informational and the custom GUI would read that information so you could add that to your scripts now. I don't know that vQmod would need that information. Tho, I suppose maybe to do a test for file_exists. If one of the dependent files don't exist, don't execute the rest of the script.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:27 pm

daymobrew wrote:Excellent extension - I was dreading maintaining core file modifications across updates.

I am having trouble enabling logging to a non-default location (I do not want to open write permissions to the root folder of my site). I want to put the log file in the 'vqcache' directory.
I added the following to my index.php file but no log file is being created.

require_once('./vqmod.php');
$vqmod = new VQMod('./vqmod');
$vqmod->logFilePath = './vqcache/vqmod.log';
$vqmod->logging = TRUE;
It works when I modify the $logFilePath in vqmod.php but that is obviously not the best idea.
I am going to change that a bit because you are right.. tho it should actually create 2 log files.. one when the construct loads with the root path, and then one when the new path is set. But no matter, I shouldn't have it creating the log in the construct because it prevents the setting of a diff file path that way. For now the only way is in the code. I'll fix that for 1.0.7

I am also going to change the default directory structure a bit like I show in this post to keep things cleaner and more self contained

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 am

UPDATED FILE IN FIRST POST
v1.0.7 - 2011-JAN-18
- Default directory structure changed to put everything inside the /vqmod/ folder
- xml files are now moved to /vqmod/xml/*.xml
- Redesigned the construct to be simpler
- Construct no longer requires a path or log option
- New init() function handles initialization
- Improved log function to use file_put_contents instead of fopen
- Set logging = true by default

ATTENTION!
THIS UPDATE WILL REQUIRE SOME CHANGES IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION OF VQMOD!
READ THE opencart_install.txt FILE FOR THE UPGRADE STEPS.

This change will also fix the issue shown above. The new syntax will be:

require_once('./vqmod/vqmod.php');  <-- Moved class inside the /vqmod/ folder
$vqmod = new VQMod();  <-- No more params for the instantiation. Logging enabled by default
$vqmod->logFilePath = './vqcache/vqmod.log';  <-- This works but the log was moved already so you won't need it.
$vqmod->logging = FALSE;  <-- Specifically set this if you want to disable logging

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 am

Hard to keep up with all the changes. :)

Have created more than 50 <modification>s for my system and modules over the past few days.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member