Post by Mermandamus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 am

Thank you, very handy :-)

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:28 am

No problem :)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by lrubin28 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:50 am

I hate to bug you again Jay, but I cannot logon to admin. I was trying to add the 2 usps files to my site and they didn't seem to work, so I cleared my cache and now I can't get into admin at all. I found your post with the reset tool, and I've done it 100 times probably but something is still preventing me from getting in. Any ideas are greatly appreciated (I have access to my files through my ISP if that helps)

Larry

Post by bryan7878 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 am

Did not work for me. I did check the database and the password had indeed been updated however I am still locked out of admin!

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:33 am

Hi Bryan

This happened to a user recently and turned out that the server was set up to redirect all non-www versions of the domain to the www version, but the admin url was configured to the non-www version in the config files and this is what caused the problem

Check to make sure the URL you access it with and the url in your admin/config.php file match

Guru Member

Post by maderstrains » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 am

fergie3 wrote:Pardon another dunce from across the Pond, but this noob really needs some special handling:

I downloaded ocreset.php per your instructions.

"...save it to a file called ocreset.php in your store's directory (The same one as the .htaccess/.htaccess.txt file)".

Where exactly is my store's directory? (BTW, Apparently I don't have a .htaccess.txt file. I searched for it and get "No records found") And where exactly should I save ocreset.php?
JAY6390 wrote:Hi Fergie3
The file goes in the same directory as your config.php file, index.php file (basically the main folder). It should also have an admin, catalog, image, system folder in there as well
Hi Jay,

Like Fergie, I too am having issues trying to do this admin password reset. I am using verson 1.4.9.1 and cannot find the ocreset.php file when searching for it. I find many config.php and index.php files however when opening them non of them look like the code you posted back on the first page when you originally showed how to do this. Can you tell me which config.php or index.php file i should be looking at to do this?

The one im thinking it should be is in the main folder for my sites files and it has folders for "admin, catalog, cgi-bin, css, download, image, images, img, system, as well as many more and files that say catagory.php, config.php, index.php" ... Is this the one I should be looking at? If so which one do I use the config.php or the index.php because neither of them look like the codes you posted

I apologize in advance for my extreme noobness, as you might be able to tell, im not very tech knowledgeable :choke: Thanks in advance for any help

Josh Mader
Maders Trains
http://maderstrains.com/

Location - Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali

Post by maderstrains » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 am

Well, Im one of those to post and ask how to do something and then try and figure it out while im waiting, and well, I figured it out! I guess I am not as dumb as i had thought lol

But, when I reset my password and finally got in, I discovered that someone had hacked my website and changed my username, and that is why I could not get in in the first place! I have now changed my password to something alot more complicated and have changed my username as well.

Thank you Jay for posting this thread, you now have helped me as well as many others here! ;D

Josh Mader
Maders Trains
http://maderstrains.com/

Location - Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali

Post by janine l » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 am

That was easy! Thanks!!

Post by Oleh » Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

Hi JAY6390! My name Oleh.Really need your help to restore login admin panel of my online store. Version of my opencart 1.5.1.3. Yesterday asked into my seo so they added the www - now done, but now I can not log in as administrator in my store. I read your instructions to reset your password, and did everything step by step.
Password updated successfully, but enter into my opencart I could not.
I already wrote an email to my seo, but I want to ask, and your advice.
Help me please.Thanks in advance.

Our online store http://www.photo-land.co.uk specializes in retailing DSLR Cameras, Compact cameras, Camcorders from leading manufacturers.

Location - UK

Post by Mikim » Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 pm

I am stuck, I cannot find the directory and then I cannot find where to save the file! :P

Post by JAY6390 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi

If you mean the vqmod version, you need to install vqmod first (http://vqmod.com/)

Guru Member

Post by eka7a » Mon May 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Very nice mod JAY6390

Windows 11 Pro Digital License Key

Location - Türkiye

Post by marshanite » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks for this useful tool

Post by newbrands » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 am

Hi ,

Does anyone know what the "main opencart directory" is? or where it is?

I want to reset my open cart login password & I'm finding it difficult to do so because I don't know what/where to find my directory.

If possible can someone explain a step-by-step process of how they uploaded the "ocreset.php" file into their directory & changed their password.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:12 pm

The main folder is the one that contains your admin, catalog, system etc directories

Guru Member

Post by joefido » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 am

I'd just like to say "Thank you, Jay" Your reset tool worked great! ;D

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:25 pm

No problem Joe :)

Guru Member

Post by tulip_craft » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 am

Hi Jay,

I'm having problem to login admin panel..
my website got deface attack, some config.php have been change by defacer.. lucky now i can revert back my website as normal view, but i can't login to admin panel..
when i submit user and password it bring me back to login form, i tried to use this reset tool but can't resolve my problem..
i think both of content my config.php or .htaccess file is nothing wrong as i'm following instructions somewhere..
any advice.??

thanks in advance..

All about Crochet and Knitting, a Handicraft Store -> http://tulip-craft.com

Post by tulip_craft » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 am

oh God, thank you it's solved now..
i don't know why i was trying to change .htaccess many times with same content but still facing the problem, but now it's just working..
after reset my password using this tool, change .htaccess and try to login and successfully login..
thanks a lot JAY.!! :banana:

All about Crochet and Knitting, a Handicraft Store -> http://tulip-craft.com

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 am

No problem, glad it's all working now

Guru Member