Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:02 am

jsw wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:13 am
straightlight wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm
arthena wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Hi,
I have CSRF Protection Extension installed in version 3.0.2.0 and am still getting at least one fake account every few days. I have noticed that the account set up never has an address? how can this happen when any proper customer has to enter an address to set up an account?
Any ideas please?
As I said many times on the topic before, this extension does NOT prevent SPAM!

It simply kicks out the CSRF bots sitting behind the HTML forms. Re-Captcha V3 is still needed to work with it so that Re-Captcha doesn't have to work with many sitting-by bots awaiting for a user.
Thanks for the extension, straightlight! Installed it on OC v3.0.3.2 today. One little question, does it work well with Basic Captcha?
It should. However, Johnathan did addressed on the forum that Captcha V3 may differ with Captcha V2 which V2 might be working better as opposed to V3. In this case, an extension from the Marketplace would be rather suggested to use.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jsw » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:39 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:02 am
It should. However, Johnathan did addressed on the forum that Captcha V3 may differ with Captcha V2 which V2 might be working better as opposed to V3. In this case, an extension from the Marketplace would be rather suggested to use.
Thanks, I've installed Google reCAPTCHA extension that came with OC v3 along with your vQmod. reCAPTCHA v3 gives an "invalid key type" error but reCAPTCHA v2 works fine so that's what I'm using now. Have a great weekend!

jsw

Location - Canada

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:16 am

jsw wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:39 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:02 am
Thanks, I've installed Google reCAPTCHA extension that came with OC v3 along with your vQmod. reCAPTCHA v3 gives an "invalid key type" error but reCAPTCHA v2 works fine so that's what I'm using now. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for your feedback. :)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Thank you for the extension it worked on OC 2.3.0.2 ;)
Just a note to other forum user do install google reCaptcha together with this extension it will work amazingly.
And for reCaptcha do use only V2 versions hence the V3 is not yet done by default opencart.
Lastly don't forget to turn on the reCaptcha from store settings :laugh:
Regards
Khnaz35

Always help others it's always come back, give and receive :)

Location - Malaysia