Post by pgt_gaming » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi everyone, so I have written on here before but haven't gotten anywhere on the SEO issues with my opencart site. I have tried several free automatic SEO vqmods but none worked so then I decided to try buying one in hopes that it may work but alas it does not. I mean it seems great actually and very useful but the problem is that the urls of my product pages & my information pages keep showing up as Error 404s like always with every other thing I've used. And yes, I have done all the steps that everyone always suggests before Enabling SEOs in opencart. I changed my .htaccess.txt to .htaccess and made sure the Rewrite base was correct and that Apache mod rewrite was enabled. I don't know what else to do to get them to work. I don't know if it is just that there are some duplicates in keywords or something but I wouldn't think there would be duplicates everywhere! I just really want to get these working since I know SEO is so important and I did pay for this new extension which I am not upset with the mod author or anything. I just messaged him this evening so it's understandable that he hasn't got back yet. I am just trying to see if anyone on here has any ideas in the mean time. Anyways well I really appreciate any help, ideas, suggestions, advice that you guys can give me!

Thanks in advance! :)

Post by labeshops » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Your store url would help.

Make sure you are using proper seo keywords - no mod is necessary so I would disable all mods, manually set up 1 seo keyword for a category and a product in that category and test it. Remember seo keywords have to be in the form of keyword-for-this-product or keyword_for_this_product - don't use any spaces or special characters.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA