Post by naykel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

Hi There,

I am using MijoShop (opencart) as my E-Commerce for my joomla website and all in all it is a great product but I am having some problems with the search facility.

Basically the search facility that comes with the installation is very limited in the sense that you can not place it in a Joomla module position it is and you can only search by product name. MijoShop put me onto an extension call iSearch which is great but it is not compatible.

Has anyone found a search facility that they could recommend that is compatible with MijoShop and can be placed into a Joomla module position.

Regards
Nathan

Post by Johnathan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Smart Search is compatible with MijoShop, although it can't be used in a Joomla module position. I don't think you're going to find any OpenCart extension that can do that, since that's Joomla-focused functionality, which any OpenCart extension would not likely take into account.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by modernmagic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:15 am

Naykel,

Did you ever find a solution?

Joomla Web Site Designer at www.modernmagic.com

Post by naykel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I end up using 2 extensions. The first is called sidebar search which can be downloaded from Mijo Shop for free. The extension allows you to place the mijoshop ( opencart) search into a Joomla module position, however it will only work when it is on a Mijoshop page such as categories or products and it is very limited as the standard opencart search is.

Then I purchased Smart Search ($39.00) as from the link below
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2558

This extend the functionality so it has an ajax drop down and it can be configured to pretty much do what you want. The only thing I needed to do was change the selector to “#sidebarsearch input” (in the settings) and it worked fine.

Just 1 thing is that the ajax drop down only works on MijoShop (opencart) pages but the search still works on all pages.
So in my case where my home pages is a Joomla only page the ajax does not work it still searches fine, ( just hit search or enter and the results will be displayed in the search results page)
If you know what you are doing the you may be able to fix it but I was happy with the results and I did not go into it.

Hope this helps

Post by modernmagic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:57 am

Great explanation. I will try the same method.

Joomla Web Site Designer at www.modernmagic.com