Post by wedhaaf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:32 pm

I downloaded "featured product with admin" a contribution by vovan. I understand that this contrib was tested for 1.3.2 and I thought it would work for 1.3.4, and yes, it doesnt.

The questions are :
1. how to make this contrib works for 1.3.4?
2. what should be modified from that contrib?
3. why every changing of OC core to higher version couldn't adopted/handle the previous version of contribution?

Post by fido-x » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm

You're better off using my Homepage Package, which includes: homepage module, latest products module, special offers module, featured products module and a featured products page. Full installation instructions included.

You can get it from http://www.fido-x.net/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=64.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:46 pm

From fido it might be considered self promotion, but I second using his homepage module. It's an excellent mod.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by wedhaaf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:04 pm

FIdo, I've several time tried to download modules from your website. Transactions are reported success and I got emails from you. Unfortunately, all emails I got have no links that give information where to download aka they're empty :(

I don't know why this is happened. Perhaps you could give another way to download it, please?

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 pm

log into your account on his site and go to my account then you will see downloads the links should be there.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by fido-x » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Xsecrets wrote:log into your account on his site and go to my account then you will see downloads the links should be there.
What he said!

After you've completed the checkout process, just go to the account page and click the downloads link. No need to log out and log back in again.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by wedhaaf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks to Xsecrets and Fido. BTW, Fido, don't let the email for customer empty :)

Post by fido-x » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:50 pm

wedhaaf wrote:... BTW, Fido, don't let the email for customer empty :)
Yeah, I probably should do something about amending or "emending" the email message. ;D

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by wedhaaf » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:00 am

Now, the contrib was installed successfully(?). Thanks Fido. It did works but there's a new problem after installation.

Everytime I make a login into admin panel, the values are reset to 0.0001 for currencies which are not set to default. And one that is set to default, the value shows 1.000.

I also try to find the same problem in this forum, and I found this :
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... set#p37885
but it seems it has not been solved yet.

Did anybody experience this before? Any suggestion?

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:54 am

So now we are condoning targetted self promotion? The question was about how to fix the original module.

This forum is starting to feel like a walk through the city with the homeless sitting on the sides of the footpaths waving around their styrofoam cups.

Why OpenCart can't support previous versions of the module you will need to ask Daniel. The maintenance of modules is turning into a real headache for maintainers because of the number of undocumented changes that are going into each new release.

Post by wedhaaf » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:45 am

Yup, SuperJuice, it looks like that. Honestly, I love OpenCart for it's simplicity. It sounds to be idealistic if I hope all forum members could together develop OpenCart. Maybe I'm the one who waving around for a styrofoam cup. :( And there's a worry in my head that OC is going to be left by many of the members because of starting to lose its goal of concept. :)

By the way, back to my problem. I think I understand how currency-thing's worked. Setting local currency is a method to determine a default value as reference for all currency installed. It won't be necessary to change this setting. I tried to use US dollar as my default setting, then changed others using this default one. And it works as I want to be. ;D

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Administrator

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 pm

I don't discount the effort put into creating that document Q, my issue is that modification authors are always on the 'back foot' without prior warning to what is changing in each release.

I know there is a new release when the forum posts start emerging saying 'module xyz is broken', or I get flooded with emails asking me to fix 'bugs' which gets under my skin considering it's hardly a bug if the target platform didn't exist when the module was written. :(

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Hey man, you're preachin' to the choir. I'm not a developer of OpenCart, I am in the same boat as you. Each new release brings fear and despair to me, especially after that last change.. making those changes 60 times was not what I considered a good time.

I only offered my assistance to others in helping them get things back & running quickly. I didn't make this module, but if the person wants it to work for 1.3.4, then that doc should hopefully help. This resolves the "self-targetting" and answers the original question.

Administrator

Post by creativa » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 am

Hi Qphoria,
Thanks alot for your guide in PDF!!
helped me to adapt the module featured of vovan to version 1.34 and now it work right. :D

Opencart Template Store
Commercial themes: Sweet Rose, Sweet Yellow, Electronic Blue, Electronic Pink and more...
Free theme: Non Inline Css

Location - Uruguay