Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 am

I am looking to add a list view of the subscribers. But I think many people want information they don't need. The built-in newsletter is meant to be a black box. You send an email to the "Subscribers".. being able to see a bunch of random people's emails is not really of any benefit.... people just think that it would make their lives better by seeing excess data. But alas, who am I to tell anyone how to live their lives. I'll just add a view.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:45 pm

I agree, MailChimp is pretty slick -- my wife and I use it for A Trade For A Trade. Even better, they just recently upgraded the amount of subscribers you can have on the free account from 500 to 1000, with 6000 sends per month. imaginetech's MailChimp module is also really handy.

Overall it's a much better solution than extending the built-in newsletter function. Plus, if you do end up getting a lot of people on your newsletter list, sending e-mails to that many people often exceeds the e-mail limits set by web hosts. Having an external sending solution means you won't run into that.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:38 am

I've updated my Newsletter Module to be much more advanced now.
Main features:
==============
* Brand new design from original version. (NEW)
* Name field option is admin configurable (NEW)
* Ajax load for subscribe/unsubscribe (NEW)
* Ajax email filter list in admin to see all subscribers (NEW)
* Proper "First Last <email>" format for easy copying of the list to use outside of the cart. (NEW)
* Automatically gets pulled in by the newsletter search and "All Newsletter Subscribers" group on the contact form.
* Users can subscribe and unsubscribe quickly and easily at any time.
* Complete with error & success messages for instant feedback.
* When user is logged in, the subcription options apply to the customer account (avoids duplicates)
* 99% self-contained using the OpenCart module system making it virtually transparent to upgrades. Only small changes to one file
Existing customers get the update for free. Just redownload from my site or the extension store
newsletter_catalog.png

newsletter_catalog.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Additional images and info here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=849

Administrator

Post by imaginetech » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:17 am

Nice, I think you made a mistake though... I can see an unsubscribe option!

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by ocs » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:24 am

Qphoria wrote:
Existing customers get the update for free. Just redownload from my site or the extension store
newsletter_catalog.png
Additional images and info here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=849
Hi Q

I bought your Newsletter at past days ago, where the link to get update to the new one?

Also I already sent you message about my problem but no reply anymore, i ask about using field name as mandatory field then You suggest me to place

Code: Select all

if (isset($this->request->post['name']) && !$this->request->post['name']) {
              $this->error['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_name');
        } 
after:

Code: Select all

if (!preg_match($pattern, $this->request->post['email'])) {
              $this->error['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_email');
        } 
and it works, thanks, but that can't prevent visitor from input 1 character, I want them input field name at least 3 characters

Also when I on contact form or register form page and enter wrong email to the Newsletter module then the errors warning also appears altogether, what i can do so the error warning appear on newsletter module only?

Could you Please help me?
Many thanks

ocs

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Just get the latest from where you got the first one.. This fixes all your issues plus more

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 pm

imaginetech wrote:Nice, I think you made a mistake though... I can see an unsubscribe option!
It does amaze me how many sites I see with newsletter signups... but no "easy" way to unsubscribe. Its like signing your soul over to the devil. I suppose you would be able unsubscribe from a link in the newsletter itself, but opencart doesn't support that just yet so this works

Administrator