Post by akeelz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am

Hi,

Is there anywere a UK Royal mail Shipping module that i can use, because in the v1.3.3 the module is there, but incomplete, if anyone could help me with that would be apriciated.

O0

Post by MWYS » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 am

Hey.

I'm not sure if this will be any use to you. I am currently building a Store for a client using OpenCart and I too realised that there was a Royal Mail Module present but not functional.

I managed to get the existing Royal Mail Module working quite easily (Not sure why it was disabled?). My Client wanted First Class and Second Class options on the Royal Mail 'Packet' Delivery. This is basically a normal sized parcel.

I have created two modules based off the existing and unfunctional Royal Mail Module which i have attached below. I have tested them both and they worked fine (Although i have not extensively tested them). Copy / Pate files into the relevent directories and then install.

You will want to set the 'Geo Zone' to the UK Shipping zone so that only UK Customers can choose Royal Mail Shipping.

Note: My Client will not have 'packets' above the 'Packet Size Limit' with Royal Mail which is why i can use this module but you may want to include some functionality which means the person would enter the package dimensions in the product pages and it checks to see if those dimensions are above the limit, if they are they cannot use the module. You can then create a new module based off these attached to use Royal Mail Standard Parcels.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

UK Royal Mail 1st Class and 2nd Class Shipping

Post by deeve » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi MYWS,
is this module compatible to 1.3.4 ?

Thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:51 am

Looks it is compatible with 1.3.4.

However, I noticed the default setup uses exactly the same shipping rates for the Royal Mail 1st Class and royal Mail 2nd Class. Certainly that can't be right, can it? Has anyone the rates for these 2 ready-made?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by Daniel » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:59 am

I have done a bit more work on the royal mail class but it will still take time until i have finished it.

It will be ready after my next release.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:38 am

I copied/renamed your Royal Mail to the royal_mail_1st_class_recorded.* files, and changed its admin backend to make sure it's compatible with the new 1.3.4 template system. Works fine now, just need to check the configuration and have to verify it uses the right shipping rates.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by MWYS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Sorry, Yeah - the rates are completley incorrect, but the functionality is there ready to input your own rates. I just uploaded this as i was in the process of developing the modules.

I'm not at the stage yet where i enter the correct shipping rates.

Post by deeve » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Does this mod accommodate shipping to different zones? And is it weight based or product?

Thanks.

Expert Member

Post by deeve » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks. Is there a version for 1.3.4 available to download?

Post by deeve » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:45 am

Just tried enabling the original mod which came disabled in 1.3.4 & got this error:

Fatal error: Class 'Controllershippingroyalmail' not found in /mypath/system/engine/front.php on line 39

Does the zip in this thread work on 1.3.4 or can the original one be made to work? I'm only asking as most probably won't need the 2nd Class delivery option.

Thanks.

Post by MWYS » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 am

deeve wrote:Just tried enabling the original mod which came disabled in 1.3.4 & got this error:

Fatal error: Class 'Controllershippingroyalmail' not found in /mypath/system/engine/front.php on line 39

Does the zip in this thread work on 1.3.4 or can the original one be made to work? I'm only asking as most probably won't need the 2nd Class delivery option.

Thanks.
The one attached in this thread is a working version of the one you are trying to get to work. Just copy / paste the Royal Mail 1st class files into the respective folders, and leave the 2nd class ones out if you don't need them.

Just ensure you enter the correct values from the Royal Mail Website as i have not included the correct ones in the package above.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:20 am

deeve wrote:Just tried enabling the original mod which came disabled in 1.3.4 & got this error:

Thanks.
There are reasons why they are named that way..

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 am

Thee are about 10 ways to ship via royal mail.

I really want to finish the royal mail one. ups is done so royal mail will be next.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by alex p » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Would be nice if you could get it done...would make my life easyier!!

Cheers Al

Post by jojo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Should this work for OC 1.3.2?

I've followed the instructions. After installing the module in extensions I try edit the module to enable it and I just get a blank screen.

Location - Brisol - UK