Post by Xellz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 am

I'm looking for simple CMS extension. I saw few blog/news available, but everything i found was missing what i really look for. I want a similar looking menu as categories module and links in menu to point directly to articles and not to category, where you have to click on article from list. Everything else like comments, ratings and stuff is not really necessary.

I want to get rid of main page and use only opencart. On my main page i have menu with information articles sorted by categories which i would like to add as a single module to opencart. I will be adding more articles in future, so tree menu is necessary. Closest module i saw was able to this, but only with many separate modules for each article.

Japanese green tea

Post by Johnathan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Not sure if it would work for you, but Qahar's Blog Manager extension is pretty excellent.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by dbassa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Why don't you try this extension:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5974

This extension lets you use opencart top menu linking to information pages, so you can create so many articles as you need.

Best Regards,

Location - Spain

Post by Xellz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks all, extension from dbassa is closest one and free, will give it a try. Also realized that there is information module, that i am able to change to almost exactly what i want. Quite often solution lies on the surface :) Using foreach to fill each category based on sort order.

Blog looks really nice and clean extension, makes me want to make one, but don't have enough material yet :)

Japanese green tea