Post by cloudier » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Uk Postal codes for shipping
No shipments are made out of the UK
There are 14 different bands of pricing which show the first two letters of the UK postal codes in each band. In each band there can be up to 50 individual two letter postal codes (using first two letters of postal code).
So the module would have to recognise the unique two letters of the town/area and then make it available for two types of delivery choices either for Next Day delivery or economy delivery.
Do you think one of the shipping modules would be able to do this and if not, can anyone advise on any recommended add on that I could use.
The client does not use a particular shipping company so I am unable to use any of the current shippers that are showing in the opencart 1.5.1.2
Many thanks

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 am

Zone Plus Shipping allows advanced filtering by postcode or other address bits
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=13628

Administrator

Post by cloudier » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:54 pm

thank you for your advice, I have purchased Zone plus and have installed this successfully. Followe the instructions given by the developer.
Placed all the Geo zones in and have filled in all the details.
Enabled all the sections.
But when I try to test via the checkout after filling in my address with the postal code
I get an error message of "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"
Not sure what or where to look, I have enabled all the sections.
I am using just the first 2 letters of a postal code and its set up to have an Economy Delivery price and a Next Day delivery price.
I would have thought it would have shown a choice of either for them to tick.
Are there any areas I have missed on the Admin Dashboard that need activating. I could not see any of them. Or do I have to dig into any php to unblock whatever is stopping this shipping to work.
If you have any clues I would appreciate it.
Cheers