Post by kidsclubhouse » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi there,
Well after searching the community forums for over 3 hrs to find a solution to my problem I am resorting to making a post and hope like anything someone can help!

If this has been posted somewhere else I apologise in advance that I couldn't find it.
I found lots of info on coupons only discounting against the ex tax amount and all the reasons under the sun on why but nothing help me :(

I need for the coupon to discount on the subtotal & tax (GST in New Zealand) amount before any shipping or other fees are applied! ???
This did work for me before I set up all the tax to show. My cart worked on no tax so the subtotal was always be inclusive of GST. I changed to using the Tax as I want to shot the GST amount on my invoices but it's not an important factor in the workings.
I read if I changed the order in which the 'extensions / order totals' were sorted it would work but it didnt!

Can I change some code somewhere so that the coupons will always take the value / percentage off the SubTotal inclusive of GST or TOTAL less shipping & other fees.

Currently I get:
Sub-Total: $34.78
GST (15%): $5.22
Coupon: $-34.78
Flat Shipping Rate: $8.00
Total: $13.22

I need it to work out like this:
Sub-Total: $34.78
GST (15%): $5.22
Coupon: $-40.00
Flat Shipping Rate: $8.00
Total: $8.00

I don't want to know about laws on GST/Tax I just want to know how to do this as it is important for my business.
Surely someone can help me with coding and what files to change?

Thanks in advance and I hope I get some good news very soon ;D

Location - Auckland, New Zealand