Post by ScottEdward » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 am

is it possible to show product drop down options on cart instead of product page?

Basically, I have some universal options for all the products and want them to show on cart instead of products page, so customers will choose more options from cart page and also i do not have to add then for all products one by one.

Any idea on this mates?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 am

I kinda like this idea. I know cs-cart offers this and always found it to be a nice feature. It can certainly be done but it would take a bit of work. If you'd like a quote, let me know and I'll think about all the pieces involved and get back to you

Q

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by ScottEdward » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 am

Sure, please quote for it.

Post by jackson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 am

i'd be interested in something like this as well

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 am

oh sorry.,. didn't realize there was an update to this.. Yea I already started it a while ago and almost have it finished.
Here's a video demo:
http://screencast.com/t/qiBTUnUx

Administrator

Post by Renato Frota » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Qphoria wrote:oh sorry.,. didn't realize there was an update to this.. Yea I already started it a while ago and almost have it finished.
Here's a video demo:
http://screencast.com/t/qiBTUnUx
These are product options of each product. I think ScottEdward meant options not linked to the products, but something like "order options". Ex: "Box: paper / wood". :)

Also, I observed Checkbox 2 gone unchecked after update ;D

Post by ScottEdward » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Great, this is exactly what I need. But I think customer should not be required to click on update every time after new checks/changes. They will just be selecting options and clicking on checkout to pay. What is your take about it?

Post by Qphoria » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:41 pm

ScottEdward wrote:Great, this is exactly what I need. But I think customer should not be required to click on update every time after new checks/changes. They will just be selecting options and clicking on checkout to pay. What is your take about it?
That is preferential and can be easily handled with an optional "onchange" jquery line

Administrator