Post by jgsatx » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Wondering if there's a module/extension that can help with providing fixed prices depending on the option you select (and account for discounts if more than 6 are added to cart).

Example:

PRODUCT "A"
size, price, discount price for 6-10, discount price for 10+
2x4, $10, $8, $6
4x6, $12, $10, $8
8x10, $14, $12, $10
etc.

If I bought Product "A", option 4x6, 7 copies... it would come out to $10 a piece

I can see that you can do it by making each size a different product, but I'd like to stay away from that. I also don't have to worry about inventory counts as everything is custom made to order.

Thanks in advance.

OpenCart Version 1.5.1.3

Post by sanshay » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 am

i like to know aswell, maybe found already a solution for this?

Post by WilliamBD » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm

I have in the last 24 hours learnt how to use opencart - Module Creation as well (Not easy given the lack of tutorial support).

Let me see if I can help you.....

First let me baffle you: You want to take the lowest price of each of your products if you were buying just 1. So in your case this is $10. So this will be your 'base case' and everything else will be a price increase from this product.

Step 1. The '2x4, 4x6, 8x10 etc' you need to make as options in the 'Catalog' -> 'Options' menu.
- Type in a name for the 'Option Name' and remember this for later.
- Click 'Insert' and now add each of your '2x4', '4x6' etc... as 'Add Option Value'.
- (The 'Option Value Name' is what will display on your site as the option)
- Once you have finished click 'Save'.

Step 2. Go back to the 'Edit' on your product' ('Catalog' -> 'Products').
- Select 'Option' in the tabs.
- Type in to the empty box on the left side the name you remembered from earlier.
- Click the green + button
(THESE STEPS FROM THIS POINT WILL NEED TO BE REPEATED)
- Now click 'Add Option Value' on the right.
- From the drop down list select the '2x4' option and type in the quantity of 6.
- Now put in the price of NEGATIVE 2.
(GO BACK AND REPEAT THE ABOVE STEPS FOR '4x6', '8x10' etc only changing the '2x4' values)

- Select the '4x6' option, leave the quantity at 1 and put in a price of POSITIVE 2.
- Select the '8x10' option, leave the quantity at 1 and put in a price of POSITIVE 4.
etc... ADDING +2 TO THE PREVIOUS PRICE EACH TIME!

Step 3. Now click the 'Discount' Tab.
(This is where it gets tricky. Remember what I said about 'baffle' early on - This may be confusing first time.)
The 'Discount Tab' works off of the base product like I mentioned earlier, which was the '2x4 at $10'.
For the 6-10 you:
- Click 'Add Discount'
- Type in a quantity of '6'.
- Now type in a price of '8'.
What this means is that when a person has 6 of the '2x4' product the price will drop to '8'.
For the 10+ you:
- Click 'Add Discount'
- Type in a quantity of '10'
- Now type in a price of '6'.

Now click save. And this should all work as intended.

* You only need to add the discount for those two ranges because the rest is handled automatically by the different 'Option Value' Ranges.

I hope this was helpful.

Any questions please feel free to ask - My goal is to help all I can in these forums in the coming time.

WilliamBD

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by sanshay » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am

ok thx, but how to add fixed prices in the options without calculating each for + and - ?
Regards

Post by WilliamBD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 am

In order to set individual prices per '2x4' x7 and '4x6' x5 - You would need to seperate out these (2x4, 4x6 etc..) as separate products.

-------

Module Idea
Someone could expand this by creating a new field in the database, that would allow you via the options what product to discount. This would mean in the discount option you select what 'Option Value'.

So you can say (for your case); If you buy 7 of '2x4' they will only be $3/a piece. But as the system currently stands this can not be done unless you seperate out '2x4' and '4x6' etc as separate products.

Sorry to bring bad news.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793