Post by deano65 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Afternoon

I have just purchased the CSV Import PRO. The manual that comes with it relates to an older version. Very poor to be honest.

I am struggling to get my head around the Category. My categories are already pre defined so I need to add products to a main category, Sub Category and a related category in my CSV.

My first import wiped all my defined categories and replaced them. Also added them all to the main menu 'i ticked not to for this'.

Also the step 3 Adjust data needs to be explained.
Last edited by deano65 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by deano65 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm

I am also getting the following error after an import

Notice: Error: Duplicate entry '329-49' for key 'PRIMARY'

Post by deano65 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:30 pm

*bump :)

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm

well not sure about any of the other stuff, but to me it sounds like your data is wrong, because pretty much every primary key in opencart is an integer and '329-49' would not fit. I can't think of a table that would have something like that as it's primary key.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by opencartcitymedia » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 am

I am getting the same error.....did any one sort it out.....i am having all my categories in one column and all my subcategories in another column which is delimited using comma....but it is not uploading the separate subcategories. it is uploading it as a whole one subcategory instead of different subcategories

Post by shannonr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:01 am

There should be a warning on this extension: WARNING! USING CSV IMPORT PRO COULD DELETE ALL YOUR CATEGORIES!
As in my custom categories that I sweated over for a day and a half. Sorry about the rant, nothing useful to add to this topic unfortunately, just WATCH OUT!

Post by hostjars » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. If you contact us at enquiry@hostjars.com we are happy to work through whatever the problems might be, and provide instructions for exactly what you are trying to do.

Regarding the categories going away, this should never happen unless the import was a 'Reset' in which case all product related data (including categories and manufacturer) is removed. You are right though a should be included and we have added this to the development plan for the product.

Regarding category imports specifically there is a great article here:

http://helpdesk.hostjars.com/entries/21 ... categories

And I will see if we can't get this linked to in the main product to avoid future confusion.

Finally regarding 'Notice: Error: Duplicate entry '329-49' for key 'PRIMARY'' this does sound like a data error. The best thing would be if you reach out to us at the email above with the feed you are using and the settings used and we will be happy to work through it with you.

Mods: Total Import PRO | Any Feed PRO | XML Input PRO |
CSV Import PRO