Post by molumen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:51 am

Hi,

I have Opencart version 1.2.6 and I want to install the following languages:
- English (already installed bu default)
- French (part of the 1.2.6 release)
- Russian (part of the 1.2.6 release as well)
- Czech
- Italian

The problem I have is that when I install a language (i.e. Russian) in the administration (Admin > Configuration > Localization > Language > INSERT) everything looks fine except the following:
- When i select Russian in the frontend (catalog) by clicking the small flag icon, I get "Error: Could not load language common/header!"
- I get the same error in the aministration "Error: Could not load language common/header!"

I have found in the forum that several files have to be copied from [module] directory to [common] directory in both admin and catalog folders and it looks to me like a nonsense. Couldn't these files already be there? ???

ALSO, popular.php has to be renamed to bestseller.php to work (looks like the languages have not been updated to match the changes, except English)

Another thing that bothers me is that when I install Russian, it becomes the default language in the administration even if it it is listed as second in the Language administration.

Looks like the language part need some love and attention from the part of the developers before it is really usable and mature...

An idea: there should be 2 language administrations:
- one for the frontend (catalog)
- one for the admin
This way, the shop owner could choose the languages he wants to install to the frontend and independently of that choose the language of the administration. In my case it is English, French, Czech, Italian and Russian for the catalog and English for the admin.

O0

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by yama » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 am

Up !

Same odd problem for me ... whereas french language is now included in the 1.2.6 release, i'm not able to use it. All I get is this message "Error: Could not load language common/header!".

I've tried many things, like playing with the paths in admin for language "directory" & "filename" (absolute path, etc), but nothing work.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 am

Post by yama » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am

Problem solved !

In fact french language pack is incomplete, i'm currently rewritting it so that all will be working.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 am

Post by molumen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:27 pm

The included Russian pack has the same problem, the thing is that several files are located in wrong folders, they have to be moved elsewhere so they can be found.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by molumen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:29 pm

here is a post that explains a little bit what has to be moved where: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... age#p17718

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests