Post by ibparn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:11 am

??? I've got a couple of issues on my test site, that I'm in the process of transferring from ZenCart.
They are:
1. Creating a "clone" module, to act as a list of my "partner sites".
I've created a clone of the information module and have applied suggestions from posts throughout the site. All seems to be working well except I can't access the clone via the admin catergory section. I can add text by going directly to the database and it does appear as I've imputted, on my test site.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2. In enableing the function "SEO URL's", I've changed the .htacess.txt file to .htacess as instructed in many comments. All seems to work fine except the background image, for the home page I added will not appear and a image I've added to the cloned information module side box appears as a "red" "x".
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Post by tasarim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 am

Hello All,

I'm experiencing the same problem with a clone for the category module. It's simply not showing in the katalog menu in the admin panel. I've done everything read and written. But no luck. It's showing on my dbase too.

I too would be deeply grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you.

Post by ibparn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 am

It appears I got it to work (Cloned Module) by including these changes. It worked for me, but these are "only" my suggestions. As usual, BACKUP all files before changes are made.

Add the following lines to "admin/controller/common/header.php":–

$this->data['text_CLONED MODULE NAME'] = $this->language->get('text_CLONED MODULE NAME');
$this->data['CLONED MODULE NAME'] = $this->url->https('catalog/CLONED MODULE NAME');

before

$this->id = 'header';

Edit your store's "admin/language/english/common/header.php" file by adding the following line:–

$_['text_CLONED MODULE NAME'] = 'CLONED MODULE NAMEs';

Edit your store's "admin/view/template/common/header.tpl" file by inserting the following line:–

<li><a href="<?php echo $CLONED MODULE NAME; ?>"><?php echo $text_CLONED MODULE NAME; ?></a></li>

after the line that reads –

<li><a href="<?php echo $information; ?>"><?php echo $text_information; ?></a></li>

If not make sure you have set access levels for user group "Top Administrator".
Hope this helped.

Post by mcjambi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 am

so ! exactly what for ?

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:04 am

You have to go into admin > sys > users > user groups > EDIT top admin and then select all and then save

This will register your newly made module

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by peterbrowns » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

The first modulelevel.htacess be copied and renamed xoopsroot / modules / xnews and renamed. Htaccess
Contains only rules for installing the unit without affecting others and there is no need to amend the Code.

decoration lumineuse