Post by fers1970 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am

hi, I'm trying to make some basic changes to the default theme (basically some colors and fonts in stylesheet), I've been following one of the tutorials so I copied all the "default" theme to a new one called "mytheme", also modified in setting my store to point to "mytheme", but I can't see any of the changes...as far as I can see opencart still loads the default theme (firebug tells that the stylesheet loaded is the one under theme/defaulta/stylesheets).

I don't know what's missing. There is also a reference in the tutorial to modify the header.tpl and replace dafault with mytheme, but it is almost empty...it only has this line <?php echo $search; ?>...no references to "default"

any help?

thanks in advance.
F.

Post by anung » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 am

Find and replace the "default" with "YOURTHEME" like in this code
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />

Location - Indonesia

Post by fers1970 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

anung wrote:Find and replace the "default" with "YOURTHEME" like in this code
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />

Thanks for replying, just need to know where should I replace that code, in what file is it? I cannot find it anywhere.

Post by ChetanCx » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 am

open catalog/view/theme/your_theme/template/common/header.tpl there you will find
fers1970 wrote: Thanks for replying, just need to know where should I replace that code, in what file is it? I cannot find it anywhere.
open catalog/view/theme/your_theme/template/common/header.tpl there you will find that code

Post by wysocki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:51 am

So why is there even a GUI option to set the theme with if I have to edit raw php? I also noticed that when I copied the default theme to mytheme, the thumbnail didn't appear in the settings. Where should this thumbnail come from? Does its absence mean the theme is broken?

Location - Los Angeles area

Post by BryantBetty » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah,I agree..but what are the major advantages of it? Also trying to retrieve all type basic themes but unable to reach there.

website design long island

Post by jbcul » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:30 am

ChentanCx

Your pointing out where to make the change saved the day. How do we get that factoid added to the FAQ on the subject?

Post by ChetanCx » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:46 am

wysocki wrote:So why is there even a GUI option to set the theme with if I have to edit raw php? I also noticed that when I copied the default theme to mytheme, the thumbnail didn't appear in the settings. Where should this thumbnail come from? Does its absence mean the theme is broken?
you are missing the point, the question is asked as a theme developer, where the developer declared the wrong path of his stylesheet in php file of his own theme
as a user of the theme you never have to change the code of any file, that is the reason of making GUI.