Post by richzilla » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi all.
Im trying to create a new template for 1.3.3 and im having a few problems. Basically on the old 1.3.2 system, to create a new template (and i may have misunderstood this) you copy the catalog/view/theme/default folder and rename it to whatever you want your template to be called. You then changed the lines in the layout.tpl file to point at the correct css folder. However there doesnt seem to be a way to do that in 1.3.3. What im doing is the same process of copying the folder, then changing all instances of 'default' in the header.tpl file to my new template. Is this the correct way to do it? or is there an easier way of creating your own templates?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post by thanaa » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:39 pm

What you are describing works...however there is no need to copy the entire folder...(only files you modify from the default theme are neccessary) the only references to file paths that i can recall in 1.3.3 is in header.tpl. The only major difference is there is no layout.tpl and so now all the files in common start with something like <? echo $header?> <?echo $column_left?> etc etc

Post by thinkingforward » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:42 am

I have created a new template for 1.3.4 by duplicating the default folder, renaming and changing the path of the stylesheet in common/header.tpl. I was stuck until I found this thread. Thanks!