Post by mintyapp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello,

I've been having a major rendering issue with my Opencart theme, but only in Firefox or IE (9). I've spent the last several weeks building my online store, and I'm very close to being able to launch. I have taken it off safe mode for the time being in the hopes that someone here might be able to help.

When looking at my website in Firefox or IE the CSS doesn't seem to render properly. It does load some, however (which is the weird part), but only as far as the background image. The rest of the CSS contained in my stylesheet.css file doesn't render.

I use Chrome as my primary browser, and the website displays perfectly in Chrome. I have also tested it in Safari and Opera. This problem only occurs in FF or IE.

You can see for yourself at http://www.mintyapp.com, and I have also uploaded screenshots of how it should look compared to how it looks in FF or IE.

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Attachments

should-not-look.jpg

should not look - should-not-look.jpg (197.5 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

should-look.jpg

should-look - should-look.jpg (186.58 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

Post by Bonzaram » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 am

I have just realised I have the same problem. I disabled some box modules i had installed to use and it went back to normal, minus all the content i had put into them boxes of cause. Anyone know how we might go about fixing this and still be able to use the extensions?

Post by mintyapp » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Im glad im not alone in experiencing this issue. What modules did you uninstall to get it working properly?

Post by mintyapp » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I just tried uninstalling each of my modules, including my shipping modules, and none of them being disabled had any affect on the website's display in FF or IE. This is a really serious issue, and I need to know why Opencart won't display my CSS properly in two of the major browsers.

Does anyone have experience with finding the solution to this problem?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 pm

In Firefox's firebug, it reports the following error:

NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://mintyapp.com/catalog/view/javasc ... .cookie.js

Even if your jquery.cookie.js file is there, your server might not get it because of a security measure on your shared hosting account. Rename your jquery.cookie.js into e.g. jquery_cookie.js, also change your header.tpl accordingly, and then try it again.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mintyapp » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately no luck.

I renamed the file to jquery_cookie.js, edited the source url in header.tpl and then cleared my cache, cookies, etc, and am still experiencing the same issues.

When that didn't work, I went through and renamed each of the javascript files that had a "." in it's name, and replaced it with an "_". Still no luck. ???

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 am

No need to rename the other javascript files.

However, I noticed there are syntax errors in your stylesheet.css from which Firefox cannot recover, e.g. on line 1250:

.cart-info tbody .quantity [[type='image'], .cart-info tbody .quantity img {

Hence, it won't process the whole CSS file, causing the rendering issues.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mintyapp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 am

JNeuhoff, you are my saviour.

I have looked and looked through that CSS file for real syntax errors, (I didn't want to sift through the hundreds of "errors" in a validator that are a result of CSS3 commands) that could break the rest of the CSS. I assumed it would be near the top, and so didn't go beyond the first couple hundred lines.

I took out the extra "[" and it worked like a charm.

I was actually losing sleep about this, and it was just a silly CSS error! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to help me with this! ;D

Post by Bonzaram » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

Sorry I should been clearer about the extensions, its not any of the extension that come with OC.

For me it was a third party extension ( not VQmod ) that installed files (*.tpl, *.php) into the Admin and Catalog module folders. I remove the extension files and replaced it with another mod and all came good after that. I assume it was in something conflicting with other extensions i had installed.