Post by Emerald » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:33 am

Hello,

I am not a programmer, but can find my way around a website. I am trying to install a few templates on my client's site, but find the instructions included are not specific enough for me. Some templates have no instructions at all, or give vague advice such as "simply upload the template to the site." LOL.

My question is WHERE do I put what? I am using Fetch as my FTP software. One of the better set of instructions said:

1.Copy this folder to template folder catalog\view\theme\
2.Copy 6color_sb.png to image\templates\
3.Admin interface to choice this template

What it contained in the folder was (see attachment):
6color_sb.tiff

6color_sb.tiff (18.4 KiB) Viewed 824 times

When I uploaded the whole folder to the \theme\ folder and 6color_sb.png also to the \templates\folder, the site malfunctioned. I have OpenCart 1.5.3.1 installed. Please help!

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by dirtboy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 am

is this the theme you are using?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

if this is the theme you are using it will not work. this theme is only for use with versions 1.4.8 and 1.4.9. You said you are using 1.5.3.1.
1.Copy this folder to template folder catalog\view\theme\
upload the theme folder (the folder named 6color_sb) to catalog\view\theme\ just like it said, then you will have at least 2 themes in it, default and 6color_sb.
Copy 6color_sb.png to image\templates\
that image will show in admin > system > settings > store settings
just like there is an image for the default theme in there.
Admin interface to choice this template
admin > system > settings > store settings > store tab
When I uploaded the whole folder to the \theme\ folder and 6color_sb.png also to the \templates\folder, the site malfunctioned. I have OpenCart 1.5.3.1 installed. Please help!
it malfunctioned because this theme is NOT for your version of OC. many changes have been made and they are not compatible

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by Emerald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:36 am

Hi, thanks Dirt Boy! You were right, that was the problem. I have downloaded a few more templates in the correct version and most are working fine for me now.

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by juliusyves » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:17 pm

I tried intalling a template in version 1.5.3.1 and I got these 2 errors below:

Notice: Undefined variable: text_adv_search in/home/quickton/public_html/catalog/view/theme/theme007/template/common/header.tplon line 116

Notice: Undefined variable: text_adv_search in/home/quickton/public_html/catalog/view/theme/theme007/template/common/header.tplon line 137

I tried to study the code but seems everything is correct. Pls help me. thanks guys