Post by billybob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:30 am

Ok - I know this is going to sound bad, but it's a customer not me...

By default, Opencart has an international "flavor" to several sections. For example, the use of "Post Code" instead of "Zip Code", asking for the country as a required field, etc. My customer does business only withing the USA, and he wants to remove all the international aspects of the cart and make it USA-only.

I'm new to Opencart - and I want to make sure I'm correct that the only way to do this is to modify each of the 7 files where "Post Code" appears and change it to "Zip Code"? And to similarly modify or remove each of the other elements in each of the relevant files? This is Opencart v1.5.2.1

I guess I am kind of hoping there is already a theme that is "USA Only" that I could use as a template??

Post by labeshops » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 am

Just change anything you want in your language files.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by billybob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:58 am

It is unfortunate there isn't a consolidated language database. Having separate language files for the various php files seems silly. Under what circumstances would I want the label to be "Post Code" for register.php but a different label in checkout.php?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 am

billybob wrote:It is unfortunate there isn't a consolidated language database. Having separate language files for the various php files seems silly. Under what circumstances would I want the label to be "Post Code" for register.php but a different label in checkout.php?
well being devils advocate. Why would I want to sort through 15,000 language definitions to find the one on a page where I know there are only 5.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US