Post by djmstamp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:17 am

Hi all,

I'm using Opencart 1.5.x and would like to put an extra 'banner' or box on the lower right of the home page screen, that would allow customers to download a paper based price list (in .PDF), and without messing up the screen layout I already have. Is this something I can do in Admin, or do I have to modify one of the modules ?

My home page is http://www.djmstamps.com/index.php?route=common/home

Also with the default template, has anyone developed a working catalog 'Sub-menu' option ? I need sub-menus so that I don't get the 'Refine Search Options' screen.

Thanks,

Darrin.

Post by speedy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 pm

djmstamp wrote:Hi all,

I'm using Opencart 1.5.x and would like to put an extra 'banner' or box on the lower right of the home page screen, that would allow customers to download a paper based price list (in .PDF), and without messing up the screen layout I already have. Is this something I can do in Admin, or do I have to modify one of the modules ?
That would be the column_right.tpl but that is for modules. Its best to get a module that can support that. Editing the column_right tpl requires coding and work!
djmstamp wrote:Also with the default template, has anyone developed a working catalog 'Sub-menu' option ? I need sub-menus so that I don't get the 'Refine Search Options' screen.
Seems like you have already figured that out ;)

Post by droconut » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm

hi djmstamp,

do you want to have a static picture with a link to your pdf or do you want to have an animation (like the one you already placed in your right_column - top) linking to your pdf file?

greetings,

Dropping Coconut

Droconut SLIDERS v1.23 - customizable image and content slider with caption
Droconut PIECEMAKER v1.00 - customizable PIECEMAKER V2 with caption

for Opencart 1.5.1.3 +

Post by gifo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm

just remember to paste the code from the banner well, because the style may break

solidne agregaty | tanie maszyny budowlane do firmy

Location - london