Post by bewitching » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:53 am

My store has 13 top categories, with a few having sub-categories.
The first six take up the first row.
The second six create a second row,
and the last category creates a third row.
The second and third rows are hidden until hovered over.
The top row over laps the second row if there are sub-categories.
And the far left category in the second row overlaps the 13th category in the third row. ( as shown below)
It's just looks like $#!* LOL
And you'll see in my image, that 3rd row really messes up the margin for the vertical category listing when on a category or product page.

Can I increase the height of the category navigation bar to accommodate the 3 rows?

I'm running:
OC v1.5.1.3
Default Template

Last edited by bewitching on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Considering OpenCart once again :)

Post by bewitching » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 am

OK, I have an idea.
Since I don't use manufactures, I can use the carousel for my categories. I moved it above the slideshow & I kinda like the look of it. I think that will work.
So..... how do I totally drop the navigation header. Once someone is on a page other than home, the category list shows to the right anyways, so they won't get lost ;D

I know it's an easy fix, but I've been out of the game for awhile.
I'm handy with php, css etc.... Just can't whip it up myself ! LOL
But am comfortable altering it when given direction.

Thanks in advance,
Kathleen

Post by bewitching » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 am

OK... I figured it out myself <doing an Irish jig over here :banana: > YAY ME !!!!

I went thru all my top categories and turned them all off under the data tab. (Not disabled, just off from appearing in the top menu bar)

Display in the top menu bar. Only works for the top parent categories. <--- set all top categories to off & the bar disappears !!

Wish there was a little more guidance for the new layout & the template.

Hope I've helped someone else having a similar issue.

Post by labeshops » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 pm

You can also delete the section of the code that calls the categories in your header.tpl file (towards the bottom - the div is "menu") or manually code them so you can totally control with ones appear along the top. I've given examples of manually coding before so just search my posts :)

Congrats & Blessed Be on your new store btw from one metaphysical store owner to another :)

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA