Post by promofire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 am

I'm running two different OpenCarts, both 1.4.9.3 and am only having this problem on one of them so I'm perplexed.

If you visit http://www.promolifehealth.com in IE9 you should see that everything is fine. If you click a category, everything is fine. If you then go to a subcategory or to a product, it all goes to hell with broken images, the stylesheet doesn't load, etc.

Basically, as long as it is http://www.domain.com/categoryname or the main page it's ok. If you go to http://www.domain.com/categoryname/productname chaos breaks out.

Turning on compatibility mode fixes it, but not all of our customers are going to know to do that, they may just leave. Can someone take a look and point me to what might be wrong?

Many thanks

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

Post by promofire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:18 am

Finally figured it out after a LOT of Winmerging. I had some Facebook code from a Facebook share button mod in my header file that somehow was causing third level or above pages to fail to render in IE9. Don't ask me how, I could never even guess but once I removed that code, the problem ceased and yet our Facebook buttons still worked. Perhaps it was code from an older mod I replaced for some reason but didn't remove part of.

Eh.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

Post by esefrsv » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I've just encountered the same phenomenon.

I run v1.4.9.5 and sure enough - the "solution" to the problem of style not loading for sub-categories is to remove the fb/twitter-stuff from the header.tpl.
And I can see the fb button etc still works on the product page...

Now, I'm far from an expert on this whole php stuff, but I don't understand how the code in question (see below) could cause this. And why the function on product page still works when removing the code from header.tpl.


Code in header.tpl:

Code: Select all

<!-- Add twitter and facebook to product page BEGIN 
<fb:share-button class="meta">
<meta name="medium" content="mult"/>
<?php foreach ($this->document->getFBMeta() as $fbMeta) { ?>
<meta property="<?php echo $fbMeta['property'] ?>" content="<?php echo $fbMeta['content']; ?>" />
<?php } ?>

Code: Select all

<?php if ($description) { ?>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $description; ?>" />
<?php } ?>

Code: Select all

</fb:share-button>
Add twitter and facebook to product page END -->
The middle part is there from the start - removing the fb stuff means only removing the top and bottom code.

I'm going to contact the extension designer and ask him for a more neat solution.

Single-handedly supporting the ambidextrous


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sat May 28, 2011 11:03 pm
Location - Stockholm, Sweden

Post by promofire » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 pm

I'd be interested in seeing what you hear about it. It's not a problem now but I am a very curious cat.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

Post by JoaniesGifts » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:59 am

Hi I just wondered if you ever found a solution for this? I just discovered I have the same issue... (I think)

Joan

Thoughtful Gifts by Joanie's Gifts - The Thought Counts...


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 pm
Location - UK

Post by promofire » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 am

Yes, I posted what I did above.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

Post by JoaniesGifts » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:38 am

Yes but your fix didnt work for me. However, i found that if you add :-

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
between the <head> tags in the template - the issue disappears :)

Joan

Thoughtful Gifts by Joanie's Gifts - The Thought Counts...


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 pm
Location - UK
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests