Post by leacjv » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:17 am

Hi All,

Opencart Newbie here,

I am currently using the shoppica theme in case that changes anything.

I want to add a new page onto my opencart site so that I an add customer comments and how they are using my products. I also want to add one or two other pages talking about myslef and some other suppliers.

Is this possible and if so how (in really simple terms)? I have used dreamweaver before and understnd how to add new pages using that but obviously opencart is quite different in that the pages are allready created and we fill in the blanks. I hope there is a way to add new pages, any help will be very much appreciated as I cant find any information on this,

thanks,

Post by myshadowself » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:52 am

The OpenCart documentation sucks really hard doesn't it? Only saving grace are these forums

Anyhoo...

For your own information pages...

In the Admin panel, mouseover "Catalog" and click "Information"

You can create new pages in there. Just click the "Insert" button and build the page in the form that appears: Give it a title (eg: About Us), Write the content of the page in the editor. If you can use Microsoft word, you can create a good looking page in that editor. Rememebr to set it as "Enabled" in the drop down box.

For Customer comments...

There is already a product review system, but if you want testimonials about you, I think you'll need a module.

There are a few free ones here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

Good luck

Ronald Laughton is the worst referee in Rugby League

Post by leacjv » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Thank you for your help much appreciated!

Post by RPT22 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am

A "thank you" from myself also. I would like to add a blog to Shoppica/Opencart and I think your advice will work for me too. Thanks for helping out!!
-another newbie