Post by BrickAlley » Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Hello guys,

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on this little aggravation. I think it might be easier to just place a screenshot to take any guesswork out of what I'm asking about, so I’ve placed that below.

I have a fairly large list of Categories and Sub Categories already, but it will continue to grow, so to able to look at more than a few listings at a time and not have to scroll through a huge list would be a very nice thing. There might be a simple way to change the view and while I'm not a coder if I take some basic information to my web designer I'm positive they'd be happy to make the change.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Categories-Enlargement.jpg

Categories-Enlargement.jpg (29.04 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by trader » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know the asnwer to this? I would like to make the categories box wider so that I have a better view of the categories and sub-cats list. Its confusing when you have several layers of categories to see them correctly as the categoriy links become wrapped.

Post by utilizator » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 pm

how can i do this? i want to enlarge the scroll box under the Links tab.please help!

Post by affect » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 pm

You have some possibilities here.

First, you can change it via css by adding the following lines to your admin/view/stylesheet/stylesheet.css file:

Code: Select all

#tab-links table tbody tr:nth-child(2) .scrollbox {
	height: 200px;
}
This will make the scrollbox under links tab twice as big as default one. That's a css3 selector, though, so it might not work in all browsers, especially IE prior to 9.

Secondly, you can add a new class to your scrollbox in admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl:

<div id="tab-links">
              <td><?php echo $entry_category; ?></td>
              <td><div class="scrollbox large">
</div>
and then define the new class in admin/view/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

Thirdly, you can add the inline style to this specific scrollbox in admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl

<div id="tab-links">
              <td><?php echo $entry_category; ?></td>
              <td><div class="scrollbox" style="height: 200px">
</div>
Since it all requires core modifications, you might want to consider using vqmod to do this.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by arthena1000 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:40 am

Hi,

Is it possible to enlarge the Product links Categories box to show more selectable categories in OPENCART 3
I have had a good look round but am stuck.

Thanks in advance