Post by City of Hair » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:28 am

I would like to know how to add a margin in the header.tpl
I have added a image in the header and I would like to move the image further up the page.
The Image is the 'back to city of hair" image.

http://cityofhair.com/shop/index.php?ro ... ry&path=52

I have spent hours trying to figure it out so help would be very gratefully appreciated. ???

Sarah.

Location - Cheshire, UK

Post by jcsmithy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:12 pm

from what I can see the "facebox" style in the "styles.css" file has

Code: Select all

#facebox{
	margin: 20px 0 30px;
}
Giving it 20px margin at top, change that to 0px.

Your site doesn't work on my IE 8, not a single product is showing up, In IE7(compatibility mode) the same happens but even worse - the site seems to be centered in a div thats about 2000px wide - meaning I have to scroll right quite a bit to see some content, but no products still.

This your own custom theme?

Post by City of Hair » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi the margin was not for the facebox but for the image in the header :)

I have just looked now and yeah I see all my products have gone, strange, I am using a mac and on Safari everything is fine, but on IE all products have gone, typical.

I am not using my own custom theme, I am using the default theme but I have integrated Opencart with my Rapidweaver website. All the products were there yesterday on IE but gonna have to figure out why they've gone :(

Location - Cheshire, UK

Post by jcsmithy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Ok, my mistake, completely ignored what you were after lol...

if you add the following style to the img tag, it would allow you to position anywhere you want

Code: Select all

style="position:relative:left:0px;top:0px;"
with that code it will still appear in the same place it already did, but if you adjust the "left" and "top" values this will reposition it.

say, set left:20px, it will move it 20px left of its CURRENT position etc etc

to move it up, set top:-100px, which would move it 100px TOWARDS the top of the page (because of the negative value it works the opposite way )

Hope this helps, as for the missing products, Ive replied to your other post.

Post by jayman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:41 am

I think that you are going to have to clean up you css to get it to render in ie. I looked at your source and you have 23 stylesheets loading for your site. You have for one div multiple different styles for example "#container" has 6 different styles associated with that div on 5 different stylesheets.

Here is a link to maybe help finding your errors to get things to render properly for you.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/vali ... =1&lang=en

Hope this will help a little.