Post by mjwillyone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:09 am

I am wanting to change the terms and conditions text found on the check-out page. I would like to remove the box and change the text to Please read our Terms & Conditions, where Terms & Conditions can still be a link to the page.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

termsconditions.jpg

termsconditions.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 10375 times

Last edited by i2Paq on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Owner/President
MyDataWorks.net

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:59 am

Again, this will be in one (or multiple) file found in /catalog/language/english/checkout/

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mjwillyone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you. I found the following text:

$_['text_agree'] = 'I have read and agree to the <a onclick="window.open(\'%s\');"><b>%s</b></a>';

in the guest_step_2.php file.

What in this code creates the box and requires it to be checked? I want to remove the box and its requirement.

Thanks again,
Mike

Owner/President
MyDataWorks.net

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 am

If you're wanting to remove the whole box, you need to edit
/catalog/view/theme/your-theme-name/template/checkout/guest_step_2.tpl

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mjwillyone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Thank you for the reply.

The line I mentioned in my first post was found in that file. However, can you tell me what part of the line removes the box? Also, do you know what controls the fact that I get a message if I don't check the box? I am thinking that even if I remove the box I will still get an error message if I don't find a way to stop requiring the box to be checked in the first place.

Thanks,
Mike

Owner/President
MyDataWorks.net

Post by mjwillyone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:30 am

Anyone have any further help on this or is it required to click the "I have read the terms and conditions" checkbox?

Mike

Owner/President
MyDataWorks.net

Post by Moggin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am

You can disable the message altogether in the admin panel: System > settings > option > checkout message:none.

However, I know you wish to remove the tickbox but leave the message. You can find the code for the message and checkbox at catalog/view/theme/YOUR-THEME/template/checkout/guest_step_2.tpl and /payment.tpl (look for "checkbox"). However, there is some PHP wrapped around the checkbox code, so it would require some editing to get the message to show without the checkbox, and without the error message being called.

If I knew how to help with that, I would do so. :) Perhaps a PHP guru can spare time to help, or you could use trial and error until you get it to work :)
Good luck.

Post by mjwillyone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 am

Moggin,

Thank you very much! Just so I don't mess anything up, are there any other checkout messages that I would WANT to show up that I would end up removing if I do as you suggested?

Thanks,
Mike

Owner/President
MyDataWorks.net

Post by Moggin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 am

ah, that's a 'how long is a piece of string?' question!

The only official suggestion I offer is to change the checkout message in the admin panel to 'none' :) . The other choices are 'About Us' and 'Privacy Policy' - and any other information page you create. You can re-enable them any time you like. No error messages should result from this.

But you can also remove the checkbox code, and tinker with the PHP wrapped around it...I won't own this as a suggestion, because if it goes wrong I don't have the know-how to dig you out! :D I'm only saying - that's where to edit. Certainly, if you do remove it, you can't then enable any messages from the admin panel.

(For info, and in case you haven't seen it- we're advised to keep the default intact and create a new theme when amending the templates.)

Post by deunus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:54 am

If you simply want to change the check out terms and conditions details.
go to catalog>information>terms&conditions. and edit the details you want to do.

to change the page on the check out. got to system>setting>options>checkout. There you can change the page by selecting the page you added in information.

Your well wisher
dunus