Post by jwreid » Fri May 23, 2014 4:37 am

If I am using a theme other than default and I install an extension that includes (catalog/view/theme/default/template/etc.) Do I have to change the theme/default/ to theme/my theme before install in order for the extension to work properly?

Location - Canada

Post by Xyph3r » Fri May 23, 2014 6:16 am

You installed an extension that has a VQMod file. In this case you should change the "default" word in that xml file to "*"
It should look like this:

Code: Select all

catalog/view/theme/*/template/etc
Even if you do this modification, you can stiil have problems with custom themes if the theme doesn't follow the default coding. In this case, you should alter the vqmod file to find the exact lines in your custom template.

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by jwreid » Fri May 23, 2014 6:37 am

The xml files come like that to begin with, I did not have to make any mods. What I would like to know is, do I have to change the name of the default theme folder in the extension to the name of the theme I am currently using.

Location - Canada

Post by labeshops » Fri May 23, 2014 6:48 am

If you change it to the wildcard * as suggested, the mod would be applied to any and all themes you have installed.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by jwreid » Fri May 23, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks, now its clear to me.

Location - Canada