Post by hecticben » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Hey all,

I've created a sort order for my options on a certain product, but it seems to make no difference.. I've attached pictures.. 1 of the sort order in the backend and 1 of the drop down on the front end not reflecting the sort order.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

Ben
http://www.make-lace-with-us.com/shop/options01.png

and

http://www.make-lace-with-us.com/shop/options02.png

Post by uNeverNo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Two questions:
(1)version of opencart
(2)do you use a third-party theme?

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by hecticben » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Hey thanks for the reply.

1. I use 1.5.6
2. I use my own theme, but I have tried putting it back to default, the same problem occurs.

Post by uNeverNo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:16 am

hecticben wrote:Hey thanks for the reply.

1. I use 1.5.6
2. I use my own theme, but I have tried putting it back to default, the same problem occurs.

Then try uploading the default opencart files onto your server and overwrite the exsisting files, expect the .htaccess. , config.php, admin/config.php, php.ini files.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

Post by hecticben » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:11 am

I've already done this once before to fix another problem.. is OpenCart not very stable or something?

Post by uNeverNo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 am

No. It just could be the that some files were corrupted when they were being uploaded onto your FTP.

Post by hecticben » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 am

What's the easiest way to do this then without causing the site to break? Are there any files in particular you recommend replacing? I need to get a working version to my client by the morning and it's already 2:30am here lol

Post by uNeverNo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:38 am

hecticben wrote:What's the easiest way to do this then without causing the site to break? Are there any files in particular you recommend replacing? I need to get a working version to my client by the morning and it's already 2:30am here lol
If the files need to be uploaded onto a server, I recommend downloading the official zip file of opencart with the same version you are using. Unzip it, go inside the "Upload" folder of the unzipped files, delete the .htaccess. , config-dist.php, admin/config-dist.php, php.ini files. Then Right inside the "Upload" folder, select all folders and files and pack them into a new zip file named "oc_replacement_pack.zip".

Upload the zip file onto your server via FTP and then extract the zip file with any online server file manager, like cPanel.

It won't take much time doing this instead of uploading individual files and folders via FTP.