Post by Cyberdude » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 am

Hi,

I have a problem with 2 sites in Internet Explorer 6

Please look at:

http://www.puttybaby.be and http://www.mediastock.be

In puttybaby, language dropdownmenu is not in place. It should be in menubar on top.

In mediastock, everything in header is almost missing.

any help?

Attachments

IE6prob.jpg

Screenshot in IE6 - IE6prob.jpg (135.74 KiB) Viewed 756 times

Logohunt.Net, Get Amazing custom logo designs for your business in just a few Hours! Start a online logo design contest for only $29 and watch designer logos roll in the same day!

Location - Belgium

Post by cofran » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 am

IE6 such obsolete just not complicate :D

Location - Córdoba, Argentina

Post by hillfish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 am

Ie6 is not obsolete - my stats show as many people using it as there are people using opera - is opera obsolete ?
I am currently playing with 1.40 and have found that the biggest issue re templates not working properly in ie6 is quite simply lazy coding. Ie6 requires everything to be defined to the last detail, and if it is then it works fine (mostly lol), but the current templates for opencart/prestashop etc are mostly if not totally developed for ie7/8 and leave loads of stuff to the browser to figure out, which is kind of ok if the browser can figure it out, but useless if it can't. Ie6 mostly can't.
If your having probs then visit your style sheet and start defining everything - start from the top (obviously !) and work down from there - make sure everything is defined - EVERYTHING ! Do not assume a browser 'knows' what to do - tell it what to do exactly and without room for interpritation. Better a slightly large style sheet than a site that doesn't work in ie6.

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 am

it works with the default template of 1.4.1. its your own css that is the problem.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Cyberdude » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 am

Daniel i'm using 1.4.0 ;)

I have found this great tool.

It is called IEtester. With this, you can do tests in all the versions of IE.

For those who are interested :

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

regards,

Logohunt.Net, Get Amazing custom logo designs for your business in just a few Hours! Start a online logo design contest for only $29 and watch designer logos roll in the same day!

Location - Belgium

Post by hillfish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 am

@ Daniel - I should have specified '3rd party templates' as I have had very few problems with the default one, mostly I think because so much is defined 'in line' and not left to the browser to figure out.

@Cyberdude - lovely little tool !!! I use a virtual machine for testing ie6 under win2k, but this looks easier by far - thanks very much for that ;D

Post by Cyberdude » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm

you are welcome :D

Location - Belgium