Post by DavKan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

I am facing this everytime i use admin panel...

Code: Select all

Notice: Error: MySQL server has gone away
Error No: 2006
UPDATE oc_currency SET value = '1.00000', date_modified = '2014-02-26 07:44:08' WHERE code = 'INR' in public_html/---path-------/mysql.php on line 50
i edited my currencies and made my own and set its value 1.00000 as suggested by opencart to make it default and deleted the other currencies...

Could you please help me possible cause of this error..??

Thanks
Last edited by DavKan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ocaddons » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi,

It is due to that the sql query execution time is longer than the max time out configuration in your mysql database. Try the following solution to fix it.

Disable the automatic currency update at System > Settings > Local > Auto Update Currency and then try again.

If you face any problem in your store in the future, please contact me via ocaddons@gmail.com. I will assist you to solve the problem. :)

EMail: support@ocaddons.com

Post by DavKan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks i have done that.

But i am worried what would i do if i need to add any other currency in future and set auto update to Yes.

Regards
DavKan

Post by ocaddons » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi,

I have to debug the code to find the solution for this issue in your store. You need to allow me to access your ftp to do that.
You could trust me. I have more than 5 years experience about the ecommerce system. I could provide professional technical support for you.

If you trust me, please send the ftp information to my email address. I will have a look for you.

EMail: support@ocaddons.com