Post by as5era » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 am

Hi

I cant find help with this problem.
Website has a top part problem. On the home page displays everything fine, but when I come in the top menu category, the page moves a bit at the bottom and the top margin increases by it self. And in this time search area resizes by it self to, it goes smoler and thiner. Here is my site homepage:http://www.riposo.lt/index.php?route=common/home
Here is my site category page:http://www.riposo.lt/Akcijos

In my site i have edited some Header and Footer things, moved cart to the right corner, languages to the right uper corner and search area to the mid. I am working with this sate comfortability lot and have changed lot of things but I had not noticed when it happened, and now i dont know where i have done some mistake. I have some orginal stylesheet.css file, but it dont helps, site stil does thesame margin resize thing.

Similar event happened in adjusting the order field names nad removing some of it, sometimes the input fields decreases and becomes thinner. This is uncorrected to.

Can anyone help me, i am not finding this kind of situation on forum.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:58 am

I think its because of the language file, check catalog/language/yourlanguage/product/category.php in notepad++ and make sure it has the encoding utf8 without bom, if not convert it to utf8 without bom.

Expert Member

Post by as5era » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:58 pm

I cheked the file. Its php file, what i mast do with it? I se in it only translations. I see him first time, i did not neded to change there anything. I am usin Visula Basic for opening this type of files and dont use notepad. I stil having this problem that webpage moves a litle by it self when i go to category page in top menu, but when i go in contakts category on thesame top menu - hapens nothing and shows everything fine like in homepage. Why all webpage on produkts category makes some biger toper margin?

I worked with stylesheet.css on other site and did thesame corektions, but there the everything loks fine. Where can be problem?

Here you can see this problem beter here
Homepage2.jpg

Homepage2.jpg (132.22 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

Categorypage.jpg

Categorypage.jpg (111 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:32 pm

It has nothing to do with the stylesheet but with the empty line added at the top of the document, and that is sometimes because of bad encoding in language files, so get notepad++ and check the file in it.

Expert Member

Post by as5era » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am

I did it and file is good, has no emty lines on top of it. File begins with php kode and ends with it to

Post by venkatesh1993 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:30 am

Hey,
I watched the Source Code in Chrome with the Debugger and noticed that there is SPACE under <body> => http://puu.sh/6wCne.png
It happens to other Pages the same thing too.
If you remove this, it will be normal like on your Homepage.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 am

You checked for empty spaces, check for the encoding also, make sure its utf8 without bom.

Expert Member

Post by as5era » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:33 pm

venkatesh1993 wrote:Hey,
I watched the Source Code in Chrome with the Debugger and noticed that there is SPACE under <body> => http://puu.sh/6wCne.png
It happens to other Pages the same thing too.
If you remove this, it will be normal like on your Homepage.
Thx for advice, i cheked header.tpl file in catalog/view/theme/nicole-fashion/template/common/

and there was a space between coding lines, i deleted it AND EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED TO the NORMAL VIEW :).

Thx veryyy much :D i am hapy now, cus i dint knew what to do to find the problem :). Everything is solved now.

Can i write to you direktly if i will have some qwestions again?

Post by venkatesh1993 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Good, that it worked for you :)

Yes, you can PM me, but it's better if you create a Thread, so other people can also read the problem and the solution for it.