Post by kersti » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm setting up a special page for a client, no problem - using the information templates cos client does not want menu on this page.

Trouble is that the content (and particularly the slideshow)will not centre - can anyone help me to force it into the centre?

Page is here - http://www.thisisknit.ie/shop/index.php ... tion_id=11
Last edited by kersti on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by butte » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 am

Stuff it inside centering code. The old fashioned and newly deprecated way, <CENTER>x</CENTER>, happens to work. In-line newer fangled and already ostensibly disfavored way, <DIV STYLE="[whatever knocks your socks off]">x</DIV>, happens to work. Or you can do it all in .css and maybe augment that with some whizbang code and be at the forefront of currently current best practices that sometimes fizzle. Pick an easy one -- you just want it centered.

The flippy says, Irish Yarn Club 2014. Static text below that says, Irish Sock Club 2014.

Guru Member

Post by V1P3R » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 pm

I am loving that 'Look for us here' part in the footer, is that a mod/ext ?

Post by kersti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:03 pm

butte wrote:Stuff it inside centering code.

The flippy says, Irish Yarn Club 2014. Static text below that says, Irish Sock Club 2014.
Cheers - only problem is that I cannot see where to do this.

I've tried creating a new tpl file for the layout, but again the slideshow module is stubbornly refusing to move into the centre no matter where I put what centering tags.

And yes it's all just placeholder content at the moment including the wrong title on the image :)
Last edited by kersti on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by kersti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm

V1P3R wrote:I am loving that 'Look for us here' part in the footer, is that a mod/ext ?
Just edited the footer template to include, no mod needed

Created the icons myself tho

Post by kersti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 pm

So I've uploaded a new tpl file with content centered, however the page just didnt seem to want to use it no matter what I tried. In the end I edited the basic information.tpl file and put centre tags around the ?php echo $content_top; ? tag. This did the trick.