Post by xafladstore » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:09 am

Hi All,

I had someone design a website for me as I'm not really that technical.
However I would like to change the details to sign up for the newsletter. Now people have to create an account in order to subscribe. I would like either a pop-up that when they first go to the site, they can just fill in their e-mail address, name, and country they live in and subscribe that way or they can tick not now.

Or even when they click on the newsletter on my website, they can just fill in name, emailaddress and country they live in as opposed to creating an account.

Can someone help me with this?

Really appreciate any feedback!

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by CroMagnon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 am

I have a custom theme for OpenCart which has a Custom Module inside it which "appears" to enable a visitor to sign up for a newsletter, but it is obviously not working. This is the code within that custom module:

Code: Select all

<div class="newsletter">
	<div class="circle">
		<h4>GET THE</h4>
		<h3>10%</h3>
		<h4>COUPON</h4>
	</div>

<div class="row">
		<div class="col-sm-6">
		</div>

<div class="col-sm-6">
<form>
	<input class="email placeholder" type="text" name="email" data-placeholder="Enter here your email address...">
	<button class="newsletter-submit-btn" type="submit" value=""><i class="icon-plus"></i></button>
</form>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>
and a screenshot attached.
newsletter screenshot.GIF

newsletter screenshot.GIF (99.75 KiB) Viewed 825 times

It would be awesome if this actually worked!!

Is there a module or script of code that I could use which would actually enable visitors to sign up for a newsletter and automatically send them a coupon code? Can this be done inside OpenCart or does this need to involve Aweber, or MailChimp, or some external email marketing program?

It would be nice if the coupon codes could be tracked to see who actually uses them.

Post by skipton.nguyen » Wed May 28, 2014 12:00 am

Hi there,

I know a great solution for this requirement: wisepops.com
I would like to have the same thing as your requirement in my site and tried lot of plugins and tutorials. Unfortunately, i am not a technical guy like you and i fail to make it works until i find out this external extension. It is awesome. I can design the newsletter subscription as my expectation by drag and drop only. Supper easy. You do not have to have any knowledge about coding.

Hope that it helps.

Skipton Nguyen

Post by kanted » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Skipton I am trying wisepops where should we embed the code. I could not find any quidance for the same . Could you please help me.
Thanks in advance

Post by JEfromCanada » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:45 pm

This is probably too late for the original poster, but for anyone else, it could be useful.

The wisepops code needs to go somewhere near the end of the body of the html page. What I usually do is use vqMod to edit the footer area (where the "Powered by" code usually goes).