Post by elektroarena » Sun May 05, 2013 3:12 am

I have tried for houres now to change the language of the "shopping cart" in upper right corner of my store.
Does anyone know where to edit it?

www.elektroarena.no

Post by anung » Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 am

on header.php in catalog/language/YourLanguage/common

Location - Indonesia

Post by elektroarena » Sun May 05, 2013 3:38 am

Thanks for fast reply!

But in header.php in the folder you mentioned i have translated both $_['text_shopping_cart'] and $_['text_cart'] but there is no change to my site :\

I will try to locate the source and see what i can figure out.

Post by elektroarena » Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 am

The problem is that in header.php in the theme folder the text is refered to text_cart and text_shopping_cart.
I have also translated the english language file so i dont know where it gets the text from :\

Post by butte » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 am

That's one reason for backups preceding changes. If you don't have a backup, you can still ferret out original virigin files and see what they, at least, still are.

Guru Member

Post by elektroarena » Mon May 06, 2013 3:14 am

THe theme does not overwrite any files :\

Post by butte » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 am

You have .php language files in the language/ subtree, you have .tpl template files in the view/ subtree, and the latter differ among installed (and among installable) themes. You said you'd changed a .php file, which would presumably be a language file, in the language/ subtree. Start at catalog/ and learn the directory structure. You were given (above) here to look, catalog/language/YourLanguage/common, for this, header.php, and the default English is presumably alongside ../YourLanguage/.. in the language/ subtree. Presumably you can reinstall YourLanguage, so presumably you can look at unmodified files. If you translated English, then you should still be able to get back to original virgin files (somewhere, even if you have to look inside the .zip for them).

Whatever you changed overwrote at least one original virgin file. Find that or those, then find an original virgin counterpart (for each) and look inside that (or those).

Guru Member