Post by Nsaneone » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:01 am

Good Afternoon All. Hope your well.

Apologies if this has been answered before. But I have setup Opencart 3.0.3.8 to replace our 1.5 setup.

Comparing the code and functionality, I noticed in 1.5 there was a confirm Order function, in catalog/model/checkout/order.php :

public function confirm($order_id, $order_status_id, $comment = '', $notify = false) {

However I cant seem to find the corresponding function in the latest version. The closest I have come is the following function (in the same file on the newer version):

public function addOrderHistory($order_id, $order_status_id, $comment = '', $notify = false, $override = false) {

Could anyone confirm if just the name of the function has changed in between versions. Thank you for your assistance
Last edited by Nsaneone on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:05 am

confirm() function is present in the controller of each payment method.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:41 am

addOrderHistory has more or less replaced both the confirm and update functions. It not an exact replacement. For example the sending of emails is now handled by and event.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Nsaneone » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Thank you both for that information. I found the confirm function in the controller of each payment method and could see it used addOrderHistory function in the order.php file. (3.0.3.8)

The older version used a function called confirm in the order PHP file (1.5) Thank you for the assistance and confirmation